• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yes, that's the lady ( no wonder I couldn't remember the name!). She was on radio 5live this morning.

Ok, I only heard him this morning, I didn't realise there was already a thread.

Been going on for a couple of days but it just seems to be getting worse and worse. But check out how he mugs off the news reader on the video I posted earlier.

Yes, that's the lady ( no wonder I couldn't remember the name!). She was on radio 5live this morning.

I followed her on Twitter for a while but it seems that everything is a feminist issue and we're all sexist pigs. Got a bit much even for a sappy lefty like me.

met stan & terry butcher in a pub full of england fans in bratislava,think it was 2004!!when england won 2-1(wet pitch!!)..both seemed nice people, butch went back to his hotel,as only "butch" does-can !!!!

Would have thought after that guy went to prison over Muamba people would have learnt.

Still morons are morons.

That @Luke_Derbo seems to be quite famous now, deleted his account I see. That'll stop the police Im sure...

I don't know why people think they are safe behind their keyboards. It's so easy to locate someone on the internet, there are certain things that if you type them into google within half an hour you will have MI5 kicking your door down.

I don't know why people think they are safe behind their keyboards. It's so easy to locate someone on the internet, there are certain things that if you type them into google within half an hour you will have MI5 kicking your door down.

Indeed. To digress, a Uni lecturer once told me a story where she was researching far right fascist groups online (the delightful Redwatch for one) and within a few hours there was a knock on the door from armed police. Her hippy clothes and copy of vegan times sort of convinced them of her story!

Indeed. To digress, a Uni lecturer once told me a story where she was researching far right fascist groups online (the delightful Redwatch for one) and within a few hours there was a knock on the door from armed police. Her hippy clothes and copy of vegan times sort of convinced them of her story!

Which should be the same with racist tweets and especially death threats! What if one is serious? It's not hard to find out where a celebrity lives.

Twitter and other sites need to get their act sorted.

Youtube is another, just seems standard fare for comments to contain racism etc and they dont ever get dealt with.

Have you seen how in depth the reporting a tweet process is. I started doing it with some of Stan's abusers but it was so in depth and complicated I gave up. Most of it irrelevant to myself.

I cannot understand why some need to be abusive?,Also I cannot understand why high profile people use social media !

Why shouldn't they? That's celebrity-ist!

Twitter now say it's easier to report abuse, so what! That's not the issue.

He's deleted his Twitter account. Sad state of affairs when someone feels the need to do that. And before I got to wish him happy birthday as well. :sad:

And all over a factual tweet about a footballer, that is known for cheating, cheating. Then again, they are about 40 years behind the rest of England up in Liverpool.

Anyone got his contact details, a few comp tickets would be a nice touch IMO.

Sad times, always enjoy reading his tweets.

He's deleted his Twitter account. Sad state of affairs when someone feels the need to do that. And before I got to wish him happy birthday as well. :sad:

And all over a factual tweet about a footballer, that is known for cheating, cheating. Then again, they are about 40 years behind the rest of England up in Liverpool.

Anyone got his contact details, a few comp tickets would be a nice touch IMO.

As much as Stan was great at Roots Hall and the abuse he received is totally wrong and whilst it is a game of opinions it was him that made the first mistake. Whilst almost everybody in the country agreed it was a penalty he states otherwise and probably in my opinion just to get a reaction.

Whilst Suarez has clearly made mistakes before (as has Stan) he deserves like anybody else to be judged on his current actions and not his past. In fact 40 years ago and in reality a fair few years less it would not have been a penalty but in today’s game if contact is made almost all players go to ground. It is if contact is not made and the player go’s down that he can justifiably be accused of cheating IMHO.

Stanley had 500,000 followers which means even if 1% don't agree with his comments that is potentially 5000 people may choose to be abusive toward Stan,Anyone famous will put themselves into the firing line for abusive nutters simply by posting on twitter,Sad I know but that's the world we live in.

Sad times, always enjoy reading his tweets.

Really? He comes across a right odious berk when he's given a platform. Some of the ***** he's come out with in the past six months or so has been incredible, and his constant retweeting of praise is the work of a monster.

Really? He comes across a right odious berk when he's given a platform. Some of the ***** he's come out with in the past six months or so has been incredible, and his constant retweeting of praise is the work of a monster.

Yeah I unfollowed him ages ago. He was a terrible tweeter - so annoying.

Back