• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Really? He comes across a right odious berk when he's given a platform. Some of the ***** he's come out with in the past six months or so has been incredible, and his constant retweeting of praise is the work of a monster.

Also if you agree with him he will retweet you.

I think that retweeting the people who abuse him isn't clever either. He might think he is showing them up for who they are, but he is giving them exactly what they want - attention. If he just ignored it and just blocked the people who do it then he probably won't get much.

Anyone seen The Sun newspaper today? :facepalm:

Really? He comes across a right odious berk when he's given a platform. Some of the ***** he's come out with in the past six months or so has been incredible, and his constant retweeting of praise is the work of a monster.

Yeah I unfollowed him ages ago. He was a terrible tweeter - so annoying.

What they said.

If you follow him - and I don't - over the last few days your TL will be nothing but his RTs.

I think that retweeting the people who abuse him isn't clever either. He might think he is showing them up for who they are, but he is giving them exactly what they want - attention. If he just ignored it and just blocked the people who do it then he probably won't get much.

Yes, I knew somehow that she'd be chipping in. I'm not condoning what is supposed to have gone on between him and her, but it's really not relevant to what's been going on, just a sad and washed up former celeb trying to get back in the headlines....and it worked.

I haven't seen it, what's it say?

You seem to forget this is a guy who suffered from severe depression and maybe this is his way of feeling better about himself, some people enjoy a boost and maybe it's that which keeps him from falling back into the spiral of depression.

What an attention seeker.

The abuse he gets is disgusting, but I don't think he helps himself.

Aye, I've been trying to think of a way to word this without stepping too close towards condoning the abuse.

It's Collymore's, Durham's and all the other TalkShite reporters' jobs to stir the melting pot and goad supporters into a reaction. Collymore's become quite astute at that and regularly takes a stance with the intent of polarising opinion. While I fully back him in his plea for more acting taken against those neanderthals who'll gleefully spout racist abuse on social networks, I find it a little hypocritical that he's seeking to completely sanitise Twitter when he's paid handsomely to incite and provoke opinion.

Aye, I've been trying to think of a way to word this without stepping too close towards condoning the abuse.

It's Collymore's, Durham's and all the other TalkShite reporters' jobs to stir the melting pot and goad supporters into a reaction. Collymore's become quite astute at that and regularly takes a stance with the intent of polarising opinion. While I fully back him in his plea for more acting taken against those neanderthals who'll gleefully spout racist abuse on social networks, I find it a little hypocritical that he's seeking to completely sanitise Twitter when he's paid handsomely to incite and provoke opinion.

But he doesn't do it by spouting abuse at anyone does he? There is nothing wrong in what he does. It's good journalism people moan about MoTD because it's so boring and people moan when people have an opinion that isn't what everyone wants to hear. What is the issue in having a different view point to make a good discussion point? Stan does nothing wrong in his journalistic style I think if anything he is one of the better because he isn't afraid to say what others want to but are afraid of the abuse they will receive.

Yep. In a regular week, Collymore's feed will be:

1. "I think X about Y":

2. RT a few people who say they agree

3. "The Sports Bar 08717223344 @talkSPORT"

His whole twitter persona is this confused hybrid of Stan (who isn't the most nailed down of people at the best of times) and TalkSport's publicity-drumming-fan-baiting-opinion-hurling-abuse-doll.

There have been times when I've heard Stan speak really eloquently and commentate really well, and it's frustrating that there's a strong sense of him being used by TalkSport.

But he doesn't do it by spouting abuse at anyone does he? There is nothing wrong in what he does. It's good journalism people moan about MoTD because it's so boring and people moan when people have an opinion that isn't what everyone wants to hear. What is the issue in having a different view point to make a good discussion point? Stan does nothing wrong in his journalistic style I think if anything he is one of the better because he isn't afraid to say what others want to but are afraid of the abuse they will receive.

People moan because MOTD is dull and TalkSport is trash... opinions are like arseholes, there are only a very few I'd like to see.:winking:

Football fans get treated like idiots and are fed rubbish. Some football fans are idiots and love the argumentative laddish/borish banter and it also appeals to abusive trolls.... however a lot of fans crave for some analytical and intellectual stimulation alongside the excitement and emotion that goes with a watching a footy match.

Collymore et al are trying to make sweeping or polarising statements which in the end just fuel a shouty debate on the radio.

Agreed,
I think Stan has interesting views and def does not deserve abuse for holding those views.

Yep. In a regular week, Collymore's feed will be:

1. "I think X about Y":

2. RT a few people who say they agree

3. "The Sports Bar 08717223344 @talkSPORT"

His whole twitter persona is this confused hybrid of Stan (who isn't the most nailed down of people at the best of times) and TalkSport's publicity-drumming-fan-baiting-opinion-hurling-abuse-doll.

There have been times when I've heard Stan speak really eloquently and commentate really well, and it's frustrating that there's a strong sense of him being used by TalkSport.

Yep. His handling and dismissal of the BBC newsreader who implied he had a far more heinous criminal record than his one speeding offence was masterful, but then you look to him on Twitter and he's calling Liverpool fans idiots and cretins for disagreeing with his take on a contentious decision, making out that unless you played the game to the same standard he has, your opinion is invalid. He's better than that and he's better than the likes of Durham and that odious ****er who used to be on Soccer AM, but he regularly decides to make himself out not to be.

This from Clive Martin on the recent spate of fake tweets is great and includes a line that applies directly to Stan in my opinion. "Essentially, the internet is a big room full of ******s making a lot of noise, and maybe the realities of your own life just aren't quite noisy enough to get that mass attention." If you ask me, Stan's frustrated that his checkered past means he isn't taken as seriously as other commentators, so makes a lot of noise to propel himself to that level of notoriety. He doesn't need to do that.

Think there is a big difference between Stan and Durham.

Stan I think just has strong opinions and actually believes what he says, and more often than not talks sense. Durnham is an idiot who just seems to come out with the most absurd opinions to start discussions. Half the time he contradicts things he said a month before. Had to stop listening to Talksport drive because of him.

Back