• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hooly

Keeper of the Lucky Gherkin⭐
Wasn't one of the stories last year that we needed to choose colours to play in before the area finals to avoid a clash in the final.  As this isn't pre empting our Pirates game, just forward planning, the options per the Football League site are

Shirts                                               Shorts      
Bristol Rovers
Home      Blue & White quarters                        White
Away      Sky Blue with Navy Sash                      Navy Blue
3rd         Black with Yellow sash                         Black with Yellow stripe  

Oldham Athletic
Home      Royal Blue with White trim                  Royal Blue with White trim
Away      Black/Silver                                        Black/Silver

Southend United
Home      Navy Blue with White sleeve panel       Navy Blue
Away      Sky Blue                                           White
3rd         Red with White panel                         White
(not listed by FL)

Wrexham
Home      Red with White trim                          White with Red trim
Away      Black with White trim                         Black with White trim

So it seems obvious then that the choice is

Bristol - 3rd kit
Oldham - Away kit
Us - Home kit
Wrexham - Away kit
Referee - Traditional black

I think that should do it!!  
biggrin.gif

no doubt we will be playing in gold if we get to the final. seeing as it was silver last year

As it's in Cardiff, the land of sheepsh*aggers, shouldn't we defer to the locals & have a nice wooly knitted number.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ Jan. 26 2005,10:03)]Wasn't one of the stories last year that we needed to choose colours to play in before the area finals to avoid a clash in the final.  As this isn't pre empting our Pirates game, just forward planning, the options per the Football League site are

Shirts                                               Shorts      
Bristol Rovers
Home      Blue & White quarters                        White
Away      Sky Blue with Navy Sash                      Navy Blue
3rd         Black with Yellow sash                         Black with Yellow stripe  

Oldham Athletic
Home      Royal Blue with White trim                  Royal Blue with White trim
Away      Black/Silver                                        Black/Silver

Southend United
Home      Navy Blue with White sleeve panel       Navy Blue
Away      Sky Blue                                           White
3rd         Red with White panel                         White
(not listed by FL)

Wrexham
Home      Red with White trim                          White with Red trim
Away      Black with White trim                         Black with White trim

So it seems obvious then that the choice is

Bristol - 3rd kit
Oldham - Away kit
Us - Home kit
Wrexham - Away kit
Referee - Traditional black

I think that should do it!!  
biggrin.gif
Busy today Piers?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 26 2005,10:18)]Busy today Piers?
A modicum of work to do Ronald, before I go to the Station Arms at lunchtime to abuse one of the resident Orient fans!
smile.gif
I felt it was important to research the matter, though we could just use last year's kit as the one I bought, which was far too large, now fits me for some strange reason!
rock.gif

when we played Rovers in the league at their place we wore the Red kit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Jan. 26 2005,10:53)]when we played Rovers in the league at their place we wore the Red kit.
Yes I know, but what I'm getting at is that we apparently we had to agree colours for the final last year before the regionals. Well that was one of the 17 stories that came out.
rock.gif

surely we had to sort our colour in case we needed an advance order but the Sheff Wed colours clashed with both Blue and presumably the red was too close to orange so we had to sort out another one if we were going to release a special LDV final shirt.

Obviously, as the other two were playing much later in their final second leg, we had to take the lead and go for it.

From all reports I heard from Blackpool fans, ours was much better organised and sold considerably better than their 'Pricebusters' or whatever their sponsor was!

Back