• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Combat sports........

duncan bulgaria

Fuzzy Wuzzy Was a Woman
Who would come out on top out of all the combat sports if they fought each other , just been watching Kimbo Slice getting his *** whooped by a karate expert which is no mean feat as Kimbo is one powerfull street brawler .

So whats everyone's thoughts , i would say pound for pound a Muy Thai expert would come out on top , discuss......

Who would come out on top out of all the combat sports if they fought each other , just been watching Kimbo Slice getting his *** whooped by a karate expert which is no mean feat as Kimbo is one powerfull street brawler .

So whats everyone's thoughts , i would say pound for pound a Muy Thai expert would come out on top , discuss......

MMA has been attempting to answer that question for years, albeit (and correctly) with certain rules in place.

In terms of knowing a single discipline, Jiu Jitsu seems to be the number one. Royce Gracie dominated the early UFC events by taking down and submitting pretty much anyone who stood in his way.

Most modern Mixed Martial Artists have at least some degree of competence in striking, wrestling and ground grappling. Kimbo Slice was very carefully protected by his company and matched up with relatively weak opponents, because his fame made him a big draw with viewers and they didn't want him to be exposed too soon. The karate guy who beat him, Seth Petrucelli (sp?), was actually scheduled to be on the undercard and isn't a top level fighter by any stretch of the imagination. Slice was supposed to be fighting Ken Shamrock - a Shooto fighter and MMA legend from the early days who's well past his best to put it mildly and needs to retire with what remains of his reputation. Shamrock sustained a cut over his eye in training and couldn't get medical clearance to fight. FWIW, I think that Shamrock would have beaten Slice too had the fight gone ahead.

MMA has been attempting to answer that question for years, albeit (and correctly) with certain rules in place.

In terms of knowing a single discipline, Jiu Jitsu seems to be the number one. Royce Gracie dominated the early UFC events by taking down and submitting pretty much anyone who stood in his way.

Most modern Mixed Martial Artists have at least some degree of competence in striking, wrestling and ground grappling. Kimbo Slice was very carefully protected by his company and matched up with relatively weak opponents, because his fame made him a big draw with viewers and they didn't want him to be exposed too soon. The karate guy who beat him, Seth Petrucelli (sp?), was actually scheduled to be on the undercard and isn't a top level fighter by any stretch of the imagination. Slice was supposed to be fighting Ken Shamrock - a Shooto fighter and MMA legend from the early days who's well past his best to put it mildly and needs to retire with what remains of his reputation. Shamrock sustained a cut over his eye in training and couldn't get medical clearance to fight. FWIW, I think that Shamrock would have beaten Slice too had the fight gone ahead.

Yeah Kimbo only knows how to fight one way , and thats to attack , he got picked too easily by Seth who was backed up and was trying to fiend him off with a kick but managed to catch him with a left hook , great finsh after that by him , hats off.

I'm not a massive fan of the fights in a cage and some of the rules , thats why i liked kimbo's earlier street fights as it was pure no hold barred stuff.

The internal arts say like Tai Chi , backed up with many years of Chi kung , or Akido masters with Ki training make for far more intresting fights . They learn to denie the opponents of their own vital energies and move center of gravities .
Also their able to make their own limbs and tendans very flexiable so locks from Ju jitsui simply have littel affect . For a good example attack say a floppy rag doll , its remarkable difficult .

However they really wont make very good televison ;)

If they put pool tables and/or fruit machines in the ring they would get far more realistic fights.

Morning Chaps,

I think my chum Ruprecht would give anyone a run for their money.
Load him up on PCP, give him a snooker ball in a sock and tell him that 'someone in there' called his mum a whore and he's off, laying waste to all and sundry.

He's not the sharpest tool in the box, being a result of generations of in-breeding, but it's great fun to watch, for about 5 minutes anyway.
I tend to leave him to it after that and **** off to score some acid or something.

Regards

Vannessa Feltz vs Jade Goody - Fight to the death . That would make good TV

No. It. Wouldn't!

:thump:

While it might be interesting to comtemplate them never having existed in the first place, would you really want to watch them wrestling!?

:nope:

BTW, I say this as someone who this morning had never heard of Kimbo Slice but who has now just wasted half-an-hour watching him kicking **** before Petrucelli showed him up. I believe this now makes me an expert on combat sports.

BTW, I say this as someone who this morning had never heard of Kimbo Slice but who has now just wasted half-an-hour watching him kicking **** before Petrucelli showed him up. I believe this now makes me an expert on combat sports.

I thought Kimbo Slice was one of Mr Kiplings Far Eastern product range until I saw this thread

Back