• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ryan Leonard + Anthony Grant = win so many free kicks we'd be able to shut down a game after 2 mins.

Ricky Otto and Stan collymore

Pace power finish and one tricky barsteward. Also gives out the odd slap and burgles houses.

Collymore's footballing ability with Maher's leadership and longevity.

100% this. With the right 'head' who knows how good he may have been. Certainly he would have been far more involved in the England team and probably one of the first names on the teamsheet

100% this. With the right 'head' who knows how good he may have been. Certainly he would have been far more involved in the England team and probably one of the first names on the teamsheet

I heard collymore talking once on talksport, saying at the time he moved to Liverpool, Man Utd wanted him as well. He said he believes that if he joined Man Utd, instead of the "Spice Boys", under Fergies tutorlage he could have become one of the top 5 players in the world.

Personally I'm not to sure about that, considering the top players at the time were Ronaldo (Brazil) & Zidane, but definatley could have become in the top 25 say.

I heard collymore talking once on talksport, saying at the time he moved to Liverpool, Man Utd wanted him as well. He said he believes that if he joined Man Utd, instead of the "Spice Boys", under Fergies tutorlage he could have become one of the top 5 players in the world.

Personally I'm not to sure about that, considering the top players at the time were Ronaldo (Brazil) & Zidane, but definatley could have become in the top 25 say.

Stan Collymore was 6'4", about 14 stone and arguably the quickest player I've ever seen. He could score goals with either foot from outside the area and regularly did so. He had vision, he had skill and could turn a defender with ease.

As demonstrated by that quote the one thing he was lacking was self-belief.

He could have become one of the top 5 players in history and still have underachieved.

He could also have been another Lee Sharp under Fergie...

According to his book it was common knowledge Ferguson want I him and it was all over the back pages. Clarke know he would loose him bui did everything to keep him including telling staff when Ferguson called to tell him Clarke was not there.on the same day as one of these calls Keegan called Ferguson to enquire about a player abd Ferguson cheekily mentioned Andy Cole fully expecting Keegan to laugh. The rest is history. Personally I think if had gone to Manu he may and I stress may have become one of the worlds best players. His book is well worth a read

Back