• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Come Home Adam Barrett

Millwall are hard to beat dont concede many goals score from set pieces and are organized .That is down to neil harris and adam Barrett .I can see barrett getting millwall job

This may be a bit unpopular on here but I really don't think that a Barrett/Tilson reunion is in the club's best interests at the moment. I accept that it would be popular with the fans due to their status but it is the players that need to be impacted and to them they are just two ex Southend players, one of whom who has never managed and the other who has not managed at a professional level for a number of years. We need somebody who will take no prisoners with a group of players who have underperformed over a long period. Ultimately whoever gets the job should get our full support but these type of appointments fail more than they succeed.

Who do you have in mind as the right choice ?

Does anyone know why Harris left Millwall, and would he be willing to come here, with AB as his no 2, then in a couple of seasons Harris can leave and AB can take over with a little more experience, Just a thought could this be why it is taking so long? Has NH submitted his CV late on and Ron is considering this appointment? After all he has been managing in the championship for the last few years. Not so much of a club legend but still a fan of the club with the link with AB could galvanize us, players, fans and club?

Last edited:
Lets face it who would want this job. A couple of Zoners perhaps, but that's about it. With 18 months or more of decline does not make us a standout career move.

Does anyone know why Harris left Millwall, and would he be willing to come here, with AB as his no 2, then in a couple of seasons Harris can leave and AB can take over with a little more experience, Just a thought could this be why it is taking so long? Has NH submitted his CV late on and Ron is considering this appointment? After all he has been managing in the championship for the last few years. Not so much of a club legend but still a fan of the club with the link with AB could galvanize us, players, fans and club?
I also wondered why He left millwall, but AB wasn't his assistant (his assistant left the same time) so if NH got the job not sure AB would be assistant

Lets face it who would want this job. A couple of Zoners perhaps, but that's about it. With 18 months or more of decline does not make us a standout career move.
Absolute rubbish, quite the opposite, it's a good opportunity for someone to turn things around and build for the future. Just look how many managers have taken over a successful club and failed.

I also wondered why He left millwall, but AB wasn't his assistant (his assistant left the same time) so if NH got the job not sure AB would be assistant
Oh ok, I didn't know that AB was not his no,2, However i suppose it could be possible that would be part of deal that RM offer's? so that if the timing is right say in a couple of seasons, NH moves on to his next challenge, and AB takes over, or NH comes and things dont go as planned, AB gets the chance to act as care taker manager for a few games then maybe gets offered the job permanently, Only RM knows who he sees as the right man for the job and maybe they have already been appointed just RM feels that KW needs one more game as the new man has not had the time needed with the team to get used to the players etc.

I don’t want Sol....first sign of anything goes wrong he will be off....plus he doesn't need to work so won’t want the hassle....

Theirs only one Adam Barrett!!

I don’t want Sol....first sign of anything goes wrong he will be off....plus he doesn't need to work so won’t want the hassle....

Who’d have thought he’d take the Macclesfield job? Look, if he gets us out of the relegation zone and playing as a team I don’t care if he then goes on to bigger things. That would mean he’d done well here. Maybe when we are mid table then give Barrett a crack.. it’s too much to ask of him to get us out of this mess.
Sadly I fear we’ll get neither Sol nor Adam.

I mean like it's not like he was managing Macclesfield not getting paid? hahaha

Absolute rubbish, quite the opposite, it's a good opportunity for someone to turn things around and build for the future. Just look how many managers have taken over a successful club and failed.
Our issue is we are not a successful club, and unless you have been wearing rose coloured glasses for the last 18 months, most candidates will know the challenges of a team in decline.

Just no. Barrett is an absolute legend at the club and he'd certainly bring the passion back, but he has no managerial experience whatsoever. This is NOT the time to experiment. We need someone who knows the league, someone who can get us out of this mess. I'd happily have Barrett as a #2, but not as manager. Also, if Barrett came in and it all went wrong, do we need that again after Powell? Rowett would be my choice, but he won't ever come here. My money is on Parkinson.
I think you find Barrett is the present manager in a championship club

Millwall are hard to beat dont concede many goals score from set pieces and are organized .That is down to neil harris and adam Barrett .I can see barrett getting millwall job
Why would he
And there still bottom great choice this club needs a manager we are in need of because we are in dire trouble the whole club
Millwall are in 15th place in the Championship, 10 from bottom. Stoke are bottom.
cheers

I think you find Barrett is the present manager in a championship club

Yes, he is at the moment! But, he wasn't at the time of my original post on September 7th!?! So, at that point he had no experience as a manager, and even now he's only had one game!

Back