• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Come Home Adam Barrett

Jones > Barrett > Larsson for me.

Though I don't wish this shower on anyone. Whoever gets the job will get my full backing and you have to say if it's Larsson i'm pleased that it seems Ron has done/ is doing plenty of due diligence on him and that Larsson has done the same with us.

Actually we probably all thought the same when Tilly and brush came into manage the club.

Poor league 2 side with players seeming to pick up a wage. Whoever comes in will need to galvanize the players to play not just to potential but above themselves.

I don't think Larson is that man. If he gets the job I hope I'm proved wrong.

Barrett on the other hand knows us a knows the club. He also loves the club. He would not accept the **** that the players have been serving up.

Millwall and Harris are an example of that. He knows the level of effort needed for them to win games and please the fans. They are one of the worst teams in the championship but stay up on effort and work rate. This is sadly lacking In this side. I can't see Larson improving that.

We need passion and an excellent communicator. Barrett with a very good number 2, is that man.

Great post Mr. 2holes....

It appears the number of players on the pitch who actively care about this football club is at a minimum. Most appear to just be here as a job and are happy to pick up their pay cheque no matter their performance.

If we lack those players on the pitch, then we need a manager who genuinely cares for the club.

Barrett would never allow for these performances.

Come on Ron and make a decision my hope is it will be Barrett it will make going to a game more hopeful that we might have a chance to stay in this league ,leave it to long and div2 is the next stop.

I notice that according to Chris Philips in the Echo: "there appear to be three main candidates for the job – Gary Waddock, Henrik Larsson and Adam Barrett".

Not realy a difficult choice,surely?

So has AB applied? Just haven’t seen anything to explicitly say he has although this might suggest it- or it might be suggesting RM needs to make an approach- just wish there was some clarity as to whether he even wants it at this time other then speculation and suggestion..

So has AB applied? Just haven’t seen anything to explicitly say he has although this might suggest it- or it might be suggesting RM needs to make an approach- just wish there was some clarity as to whether he even wants it at this time other then speculation and suggestion..
The only two people who can answer that will not answer at present due to the fact one is employed by another club,and the other seems unable to decide .

The only two people who can answer that will not answer at present due to the fact one is employed by another club,and the other seems unable to decide .

For the other to be not able to decide the former will need to have applied in the first place. Perhaps we will never know.

For the other to be not able to decide the former will need to have applied in the first place. Perhaps we will never know.
Why are you so sure that no one is approached,this would be normal practice in any industry.

Why are you so sure that no one is approached,this would be normal practice in any industry.

Because I think CP mentioned more than once Ron Martin has a history/view that he does not approach managers currently employed elsewhere (maybe point of principle, maybe not wanting to pay compensation). It's a Ron thing I guess.

But I do think its irrelevant because if AB was interested he would have said to Neil Harris "look for obvious reasons I would like to throw my hat in the ring" and Millwall would say we won't stand in your way." He is only first team coach there so in the circumstances I am sure would not be a big issue with Millwall even though I am sure they would like him to stay.

I suspect he may enjoy being part of the Millwall coaching staff in the Championship and not entirely chomping at the bit to take over here given the predicament we are in and what happened to Chris Powell. I am not 100% sure whether the relationship between RM and AB is brilliant either going back to players not paid/L1 relegation/Tilson days. Clearly repaired enough for his to come back and play but as manager is another thing again.

My pondering and I could easily be wide of the mark..

Had a meeting with RM today at RH. Obviously one of the candidates. Pray Ron gets him onboard.

Fans aren't necessarily the best judges of managerial appointments, but he's the only name spoken about that would get me looking forward to games.

We'd still need the same clearout that we've needed since 2017 mind.

Frankly, after last nights new low point, I think it has only served to demonstrate that the task of turning this around is way, way beyond HL and any proposed assistants.
That leaves only one viable candidate for this job and that is AB.
I also strongly feel that if AB doesn’t get his chance now, that he will probably never come back as manager.

Doesn't matter who the next manager is, the entire squad have collectively and conclusively proved that, whatever their individual abilities, they cannot or will not function as a team no matter who is in charge, whether they like the manager or not. Relegation looks inevitable whether you stick with the current squad of failures or give the youngsters their chance. Something is structurally wrong behind the scenes and until that is addressed there will be no upturn in fortunes.

Had a meeting with RM today at RH. Obviously one of the candidates. Pray Ron gets him onboard.

I seriously hope that Barrett gets the job. I'm in no doubt that he would command respect and would also not tolerate players playing as individuals or not at all.

I would also like to say that the number 2 post is just as important as the mangers post. Tilly would not have been as successful as he was without brush as assistant.

I'd be much happier with say Barrett and Tilly at the helm than Larson.

Watched Adam at Millwall today and when you see the way he got everyone involved and managed the game we need to act quick or be to late I hope you are reading this Ron.

Back