• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Come Home Adam Barrett

Criminal to pass up AB.
Yes football and humans are a game of opinions
But I couldn't feel more strongly about this one.

Ron Martin,

There is only one man who can save this club or go down fighting with passion. It’s Adam Barrett, if you want to get everyone on side and get attendances back up you need to do everything in your power to get this man in!

Get in your garden dig up the war chest, pull out some of the Eastwood, Bentley, Leonard, Yearwood money up and get him away from that horrible club!

Yours Sincerely

Every Southend United Fan.

Criminal to pass up AB.
Yes football and humans are a game of opinions
But I couldn't feel more strongly about this one.
I also think the way Ron had boasted like 'yeah, we interviewed Adam, but also Henrik and Sol, but I'm not going to reveal my decision just yet...you'll all just have to wait and see' is pretty disrespectful to the candidates (and not just to AB). While Ron has been flouncing around and prevaricating, Adam Barrett has just managed a Millwall team in the division above us leading them to victory against a top of the table Leeds team managed by Marcelo Bielsa.

Forget it, he’s gone. There is no way we can compete with Millwall in terms of wages and club size, and there is no way Millwall will want to let him go without giving him a stint as caretaker. We needed Millwall to lose today, but the win has really screwed us!!

Forget it, he’s gone. There is no way we can compete with Millwall in terms of wages and club size, and there is no way Millwall will want to let him go without giving him a stint as caretaker. We needed Millwall to lose today, but the win has really screwed us!!

What’s screwed us is Ron chasing Henrik around Europe. Ron taking over four weeks to make appointment. Now the guy he might have wanted might not be available, does that mean back to the drawing board or is Henrik still in waiting despite knowing he might not have been first choice?

And trying to make a point that he won’t let the Echo be the one who chooses who gets appointed.

Although Adam has done well today, I'm hoping that Millwall do not see him as their potential permanent manager. Someone else may want his own backroom staff meaning Adam has to move on. The problem is that they won't be in too much of a hurry, especially with the international break coming up next weekend, whereas we cannot delay our appointment any longer.

A lack of managerial experience when the bloke is in his sixties is a bit different to a lack of managerial experience in a bloke who has barely finished his playing career. I don’t think you can compare the risks of appointing a Barrett to that of appointing a Bond. Also an experienced manager prepared to come to bottom L1 sounds by definition like a loser.

A lack of managerial experience when the bloke is in his sixties is a bit different to a lack of managerial experience in a bloke who has barely finished his playing career. I don’t think you can compare the risks of appointing a Barrett to that of appointing a Bond. Also an experienced manager prepared to come to bottom L1 sounds by definition like a loser.

I think the Chairman needs to forget about the expensive and risky option of Henrik Larrson and his backroom team. Given Southend's dire situation, we have not got time for Larrson to learn about Division 1 on the job.

Maybe RM is fulfilling the pledge of due diligence.
Maybe the candidates demands are excessive.
Maybe his preferred candidates have said no.
Maybe there is a, yet unknown, candidate about to be unveiled.
Maybe, maybe, maybe...

Ron Martin,

There is only one man who can save this club or go down fighting with passion. It’s Adam Barrett, if you want to get everyone on side and get attendances back up you need to do everything in your power to get this man in!

Get in your garden dig up the war chest, pull out some of the Eastwood, Bentley, Leonard, Yearwood money up and get him away from that horrible club!

Yours Sincerely

Every Southend United Fan.
Of course then moan when we have used the VAT money and ended up in court
Some posters are in La La land

Maybe RM is fulfilling the pledge of due diligence.
Maybe the candidates demands are excessive.
Maybe his preferred candidates have said no.
Maybe there is a, yet unknown, candidate about to be unveiled.
Maybe, maybe, maybe...

As much as its frustrating RM is on a hiding to nothing. We have a whinge-fest when he doesn't let us know what is going on...then there is a whinge-fest when he does. He could not predict the NH scenario- AB didn't see it coming.

Don't think yesterday really changed anything- any more than GW getting 3 points at MK (against even greater odds probably based on form) in reality made any either.

He will make his choice today, if he hasn't already, and then set about finalising it over the next couple of days. He has said he will at the same time explain his reasoning.

But as you say we are unaware of most of the detail and demands relating to most of the candidates, and even who all the candidates are. We are a long way from being the placed to therefore make the right conclusion, but that won't stop us believing the precise opposite.

The sooner its over and we can get behind the "chosen one' the better. I pray then for 2 or 3 decent results so that the knives are out before they have even been put away..

I wonder what the candidates for the role think if Ron takes this long to make a decisions,what chance would they have getting any changes needed to improve the present situation agreed..before its too late
Not a good advert for taking the role.

I wonder what the candidates for the role think if Ron takes this long to make a decisions,what chance would they have getting any changes needed to improve the present situation agreed..before its too late
Not a good advert for taking the role.
Youve got to hope any possible out of work league 1/2 managers are still keeping their eye in in terms of possible signings and have done their homework on our so called 'squad' and will have in mind a plan to turn things around.

There are some great championship managers with out a job with Adam in only caretaker charge I’m sure they will be at the front of the queue but we can’t go any longer without having a permanent manager Ron Martin make your decision

It's a no brainer for me.

Adam and Tilly are as much Southend United as we are. Certainly more so than the current crop of duds.

If there is anyone who can get this team performing and give us a chance in the window, it's them.

Even if we were to go down to league 2 then id still rather have Barrett and Tilly leading the charge.

All of that said. Whoever comes in will inherit our worst team for a very long time. That will not be their fault and should be taken into consideration.

It's a no brainer for me.

Adam and Tilly are as much Southend United as we are. Certainly more so than the current crop of duds.

If there is anyone who can get this team performing and give us a chance in the window, it's them.

Even if we were to go down to league 2 then id still rather have Barrett and Tilly leading the charge.

All of that said. Whoever comes in will inherit our worst team for a very long time. That will not be their fault and should be taken into consideration.

im coming round to this way of thinking. Adam and Tilly for me for as long as it takes. No bitching from fans if we go down - let's rally and get behind them next season no matter the division.

Back