• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Come Home Adam Barrett

It has to be Barrett and Tilson. Simples. Ron don't be seduced by the other big names (at least one). B&T will give you, us, SUFC everything they have, guaranteed. You can't ask for more than that.

It has to be Barrett and Tilson. Simples. Ron don't be seduced by the other big names (at least one). B&T will give you, us, SUFC everything they have, guaranteed. You can't ask for more than that.
You are so correct I do hope Ron reads this but he is very slow in acting and if I was Adam and wanted the job Ron lack of action would start to make me look elsewhere for my future.

I reckon Ron will have also finally realised that Adam and Tilly are the best and only way forward, especially if he wants everyone to be united (board, manager and fans).
I suspect it properly dawned on him yesterday at Gillingham as he watched another abject display.
He needs fans onside..... the mood around the club and the town lifting and quickly.
AB will have a massive task in his hands in keeping this side up. If we have to play like Rafa got his Newcastle side playing until he has the opportunity to change things then so be it.
We've all just got to be patient and stick with him and the players.

I reckon Ron will have also finally realised that Adam and Tilly are the best and only way forward, especially if he wants everyone to be united (board, manager and fans).
I suspect it properly dawned on him yesterday at Gillingham as he watched another abject display.
He needs fans onside..... the mood around the club and the town lifting and quickly.
AB will have a massive task in his hands in keeping this side up. If we have to play like Rafa got his Newcastle side playing until he has the opportunity to change things then so be it.
We've all just got to be patient and stick with him and the players.
I think Adam is out of the running as he is caretaker manager at Millwall if they get a manager this week and don’t need Barrett then maybe things will change

Nothing against AB or ST but I would also give everything guaranteed, but that doesn’t mean I am the right choice or the correct fit for the job.

I personally am not seduced by former players etc, just want the right man t build us back up. That maybe a former player but it should not be a criteria or a heart string choice, emotion should be set aside and make the correct business choice whoever that maybe

Nothing against AB or ST but I would also give everything guaranteed, but that doesn’t mean I am the right choice or the correct fit for the job.

I personally am not seduced by former players etc, just want the right man t build us back up. That maybe a former player but it should not be a criteria or a heart string choice, emotion should be set aside and make the correct business choice whoever that maybe
It not heart strings but common sense and logic Adam &Tilly would be more than capable of bring ing the club together they have the in depth knowledge of the club and players the question is would they accept it in the mess it is at present.and all this delay in naming a manager looks more like financial issues and the clubs inability to act

Milwall will probably give AB a few games to see if he's up for it, which means it'll be HL. We can't afford to wait any longer.

It not heart strings but common sense and logic Adam &Tilly would be more than capable of bring ing the club together they have the in depth knowledge of the club and players the question is would they accept it in the mess it is at present.and all this delay in naming a manager looks more like financial issues and the clubs inability to act
As I say has to be th best decision for the club no matter what.

I personally don think they do know the club or players as it stands today and thats no difference to anyone else that may or may not come in.

The same was said about Powell and things didnt go well, we cant afford that again.

Ron Martin,

There is only one man who can save this club or go down fighting with passion. It’s Adam Barrett, if you want to get everyone on side and get attendances back up you need to do everything in your power to get this man in!

Get in your garden dig up the war chest, pull out some of the Eastwood, Bentley, Leonard, Yearwood money up and get him away from that horrible club!

Yours Sincerely

Every Southend United Fan.
Pro Barrett or not... your presumption of a sign-off 'Every Southend United fan' is a bit presumptuous.

Who ever the new manager is, there is no guarantee that they can get the job done. It would be a gamble for them to take the job as much as RM appointing them. I'd be for Adam and Tilly, for all the wrong reasons of course, It would create a positive buzz around the club and town and get us fans excited again. The sad reality of our season is that our only focus should be to make sure we stay in this division, we've still got plenty of time for the new manager to accomplish this.

My guess/hope is that he stands GW down, brings in ST as caretaker whilst awaiting AB. At the same time, AB tells Millwall that he doesn’t want the job permanently and will not be applying, but is happy to remain as caretaker for as long as he is wanted.
Then, we just sit back and wait, whilst ST starts work on turning it all around.
Simples.

Who ever the new manager is, there is no guarantee that they can get the job done. It would be a gamble for them to take the job as much as RM appointing them. I'd be for Adam and Tilly, for all the wrong reasons of course, It would create a positive buzz around the club and town and get us fans excited again. The sad reality of our season is that our only focus should be to make sure we stay in this division, we've still got plenty of time for the new manager to accomplish this.

I think that the longer this goes on the more important it is becoming to get the fans onside too. It really does make a difference to the players when the atmosphere is good plus a lot more patience will be shown to Adam and Tilly than if Larrson is appointed.

Wasn't obvious to me. But your reaction makes me think you also need to lighten up.

You really think that Ron has a war chest buried in his garden filled full of cash? It’s was a joke! My reaction is of frustration at everyone picking at everything just because we are doing ****e. It was a light hearted plea to our chairman to appoint Barrett. I know everyone doesn’t want Barrett, if everyone wanted the same thing it would be a boring world.

As I say has to be th best decision for the club no matter what.

I personally don think they do know the club or players as it stands today and thats no difference to anyone else that may or may not come in.

The same was said about Powell and things didnt go well, we cant afford that again.

They did initially! He won his first 4 games!

My guess/hope is that he stands GW down, brings in ST as caretaker whilst awaiting AB. At the same time, AB tells Millwall that he doesn’t want the job permanently and will not be applying, but is happy to remain as caretaker for as long as he is wanted.
Then, we just sit back and wait, whilst ST starts work on turning it all around.
Simples.
ST on his own makes me nervous.... for some weird reason tilly as barrets no.2 makes a lot more sense..

This may be a bit unpopular on here but I really don't think that a Barrett/Tilson reunion is in the club's best interests at the moment. I accept that it would be popular with the fans due to their status but it is the players that need to be impacted and to them they are just two ex Southend players, one of whom who has never managed and the other who has not managed at a professional level for a number of years. We need somebody who will take no prisoners with a group of players who have underperformed over a long period. Ultimately whoever gets the job should get our full support but these type of appointments fail more than they succeed.

My take quite simply. I cannot believe that anyone can begin to sort out our problems until January. The Bond appointment failed in just about every respect. I would be more than happy to see Adam and Tilly get the job. The passion they have,will at least get a few more points on the board, between now and January 1st.

We just have to accept, that it is almost mission impossible with this squad of players, to achieve anything.

Back