• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Come Home Adam Barrett

Ive read a lot of people say they dont want another Chris Powell situation with Adam Barrett, but Chris suffered a huge injury crisis and by the time one or two were coming back, we were staring at the drop. The confidence was absolutely ripped from last years team and Chris has to be the unluckiest manager in our history to have suffered that. A change of manager and a spring in their step and they were 5mins from League two. Add on being straddled with Phil Brown's aging squad and contracts that were existing and you have to thank Chris for his work with us.
For me, Adam is a bigger character than Chris and with Tilly's experience the two of them are a very enticing combo. But Adam has to be the manager and i've read Phillips say he wont be a number two here.
This club needs a big character, a Barry Fry, a Tilly and Brush, a Dave Webb and its those sort of people that connect to the fans easily. Its a no brainer for me that Adam and Tilly are our best prospects.
It will be very interesting what Ron decides, we have a fair squad that needs a couple of big hard defenders to shore things up, get the rest of them playing and giving their all and i can see us climb the table. We arent realistically going to threaten promotion, i'd be very happy with Adam and Tilly and mid table, win a few, lose a few and a great cup run now and then would be very enjoyable.
We had Phil Brown sacked as it all crumbled around him, we had Chris Powell dejected and now Bond looking the shadow of a man. There has been far too much depression around the club for too long.

I spoke to AB last night and he has had no contact from RM.

Right. Well what **** is Ron doing then? He prevaricated last time and ended up pulling Bond out of the hat despite the other viable, probably more risk averse options that were available.

Milligan is nailed on imo in some capacity, either player manager or assistant, probably a duo

We have little or no money. We have just appointed 3 new members of the back room staff on fresh contracts and i doubt we could pay them off.
Only two options are either giving GW and Todorov a go (cheapest option) and/or getting someone in to work with them.
Adam Barrett may well come into the 2nd category but Ron will surely see if the first option works, before doing anything officially.

I really cant think that Barrett would leave Millwall to come to us in any other capacity aside from manager, so not sure why people are advocating him as an 'assistant' of some sort. Would be a backward step.

The trouble is as I see it. RM is a total control freak, you advise something but unless it his decision it kind of falls on deaf ears. Then if he takes any notice at all it will be because he had the epithany. Your suggestions were irrelevant he saw the light.

Last edited:
The trouble is as I see it. RM is a total control freak, you advise something but unless it his decision it kind of falls on deaf ears. Then if he takes any notice at all it will be because he had the epithany. Your suggestions were irrelevant he saw the light.

Couldn't agree with this more!

Back