• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Watermill Wino

Coach Guru⭐
Got back from Nene Park and was amazed A , that we lost and B, Why didn't we have a place like theirs?
It was less than 20 years ago that they were formed but in that time they have worked wonders together.The ground which is compact does what it should do, offer good views and a home to be proud of. They also have scope to increase the grounds developement if the need applies.

With this in mind that two clubs unite and together show us what they could do , I just wondered if SEL and Ron Martin could do similar and make Southend UNITED.
As no new news about our impending move been released and again wondered if perhaps SEL and Ron would do a fans Q and As somewhere soon. I know the supporters would like to know , i certainly would and at least we could see the faces behind the decision making of our club. It may make a few of us sleep more often.

Money. It cost Max Griggs of Doc Marten's boots £35 million to get them into the then second division. Their ground only holds 5,000 I believe so is well short of the capacity we're aiming for.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Watermill Wino @ Oct. 19 2005,00:42)]Got back from Nene Park and was amazed A , that we lost and B, Why didn't we have a place like theirs?
It was less than 20 years ago that they were formed but in that time they have worked wonders together.The ground which is compact does what it should do, offer good views and a home to be proud of. They also have scope to increase the grounds developement if the need applies.

With this in mind that two clubs unite and together show us what they could do , I just wondered if SEL and Ron Martin could do similar and make Southend UNITED.
As no new news about our impending move been released and again wondered if perhaps  SEL and Ron would do a fans Q and As somewhere soon. I know the supporters would like to know , i certainly would and at least we could see the faces behind the decision making of our club. It may make a few of us sleep more often.
I have to agree - I was very impressed with the facilities and ground last night. We need to have a bigger version of course, but it was pretty good. They only need 5000 seats - their turnout was pitiful!!

It's what happens when you take a small club up too quickly and the money runs out though really.

Although most fans claim they want a rich chairman to come in andpropel them up the league, it goes very sour very quickly if they suddenly pull out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Watermill Wino @ Oct. 19 2005,00:42)]With this in mind that two clubs unite and together show us what they could do , I just wondered if SEL and Ron Martin could do similar and make Southend UNITED.
As no new news about our impending move been released and again wondered if perhaps  SEL and Ron would do a fans Q and As somewhere soon. I know the supporters would like to know , i certainly would and at least we could see the faces behind the decision making of our club. It may make a few of us sleep more often.
love the idea Wino, However i cant see delancey coming, although maybe its time Ron was put on the spot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Oct. 19 2005,08:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Watermill Wino @ Oct. 19 2005,00:42)]Got back from Nene Park and was amazed A , that we lost and B, Why didn't we have a place like theirs?

I have to agree - I was very impressed with the facilities and ground last night.  We need to have a bigger version of course, but it was pretty good.  They only need 5000 seats - their turnout was pitiful!!
Everyone turns up for the first round of the LDV!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Oct. 19 2005,08:57)]love the idea Wino, However i cant see delancey coming, although maybe its time Ron was put on the spot.
Come to think of it I've not heard much from the supporters club about anything lately , anyone know if they're still going and if they know anything at all of intrest?

I thought Nene Park was pretty nice for a recent-build stadium. It was nice to go to an away ground and have an unimpeded view AND a covered stand for once....!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Watermill Wino @ Oct. 19 2005,09:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Oct. 19 2005,08:57)]love the idea Wino, However i cant see delancey coming, although maybe its time Ron was put on the spot.
Come to think of it I've not heard much from the supporters club about anything lately , anyone know if they're still going and if they know anything at all of intrest?
We are still here, over 1400 Members & still going strong.

Why don't you pop into the Shrimpers Bar before a home game & see what we are up to. Or visit our website www.shrimperstrust.co.uk. Theres loads going on at present, including the QAG initative to raise funds for John Stannard's Physio Dept.

If there are any members out there who have any questions for the Trust Board/Commitee don't forget it's our AGM Tomorrow (20/10/05) in the Shrimpers Bar, followed by a Q&A with Ricky Duncan.

We do monitor the Message Boards, and where appropriate we do make representations to the Club at our Monthly Liaison Meetings, we may not be 'in your face' all the time, but we are lurking around.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimperstrust @ Oct. 19 2005,10:32)]
The Shrimpers Bar is a 'Members' bar, and there is no charge for Trust Members & their Guests on the day provided they are signed in on the door.

If you are not a Member you can Join up on the day for £7.00 (1 year) or £10.00 (2 Years) and then receive all the benefits other Trust Members receive, including Entry to the Shrimpers Bar, Newsletters, Subsidised Travel etc.

You can also join by visiting our website www.shrimperstrust.co.uk[/QUOTE]
That's great PR Shrimpers Trust and advert but wouldn't it be better if you got talking to SEL or Ron to find out why years on we've got no where fast. There doesn't seem to be any info or hope of sorting out us out, it's just a case of "it will be alright in the end my man" and yet it seems to be paper talk or rumour.
Can't remember the last SEL press release?
With all your members can't you find out if one of them is a bored millionaire who can throw some money our way?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Watermill Wino @ Oct. 19 2005,19:09)]
[b said:
The Shrimpers Bar is a 'Members' bar, and there is no charge for Trust Members & their Guests on the day provided they are signed in on the door.

If you are not a Member you can Join up on the day for £7.00 (1 year) or £10.00 (2 Years) and then receive all the benefits other Trust Members receive, including Entry to the Shrimpers Bar, Newsletters, Subsidised Travel etc.

You can also join by visiting our website www.shrimperstrust.co.uk
That's great PR Shrimpers Trust and advert  but wouldn't it be better if you got talking to SEL or Ron to find out why years on we've got no where fast. There doesn't seem to be any info or hope of sorting out us out, it's just a case of "it will be alright in the end my man" and yet it seems to be paper talk or rumour.
With all your members can't you find out if one of them is a bored millionaire who can throw some money our way?[/QUOTE]
God, you know if every member put in a mere £715, that would be a million. That's all it takes to raise a million.

I can't believe how selfish people are sometimes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Watermill Wino @ Oct. 19 2005,19:09)]
[b said:

You can also join by visiting our website www.shrimperstrust.co.uk
That's great PR Shrimpers Trust and advert  but wouldn't it be better if you got talking to SEL or Ron to find out why years on we've got no where fast. There doesn't seem to be any info or hope of sorting out us out, it's just a case of "it will be alright in the end my man" and yet it seems to be paper talk or rumour.
With all your members can't you find out if one of them is a bored millionaire who can throw some money our way?[/QUOTE]
We had our Monthly Liaison meeting with the club this evening and have asked for a Q & A Evening. When/if this is arranged we will advertise the date etc in the normal ways.

I'm sure if a bored millionaire was out there & was one of our members i'm sure they would of been in touch by now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimperstrust @ Oct. 19 2005,19:23)]We had our Monthly Liaison meeting with the club this evening and have asked for a Q & A Evening. When/if this is arranged we will advertise the date etc in the normal ways.

I'm sure if a bored millionaire was out there & was one of our members i'm sure they would of been in touch by now.
It's the one who didn't ask for change when they joined up. Find him, catch him and tell him membership's gone up to a million pounds.

unclesam.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 19 2005,19:21)]
God, you know if every member put in a mere £715, that would be a million.  That's all it takes to raise a million.

I can't believe how selfish people are sometimes.[/QUOTE]
So in the same vein if they put up £7150 each and found that millionaire then we might have enough to buy the club back?

The supporters club have early , evening meetings don't you?
You didn't mention WHO the Q & As would be aimed at when / if it come to fruitition. Does this liaisons also involve SEL?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Watermill Wino @ Oct. 19 2005,20:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 19 2005,19:21)]
God, you know if every member put in a mere £715, that would be a million.  That's all it takes to raise a million.

I can't believe how selfish people are sometimes.
So in the same vein if they put up £7150 each and found that millionaire then we might have enough to buy the club back?

The supporters club have early ,  evening meetings don't you?
You didn't mention WHO the Q & As would be aimed at when / if it come to fruitition. Does this liaisons also involve SEL?[/QUOTE]
Liaison meetings with the club start at 4.00 pm & cover a multitude of topics. Minutes of the meetings are in the public domain and can be found in the documents section of the Trust website.

Details of any Q & A will be advised as & when known.

Back