• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Manager

I have just had the whole of the Singapore Airport transit lounge look at me as I let out a big cheer upon seeing the result......4 fecking 1!

Fantastic result for the boys....I take it we played well? I honestly have to say I'd rather not be finishing my holiday but heading home to Southend being top of the league is softening the blow.

Looking forward to a pint in The Spread and hearing all from the lads about our march back to the top of League One.

Quality game mate. All over them! Here's too a few more like that one!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 14 2006,21:16)]I have just had the whole of the Singapore Airport transit lounge look at me as I let out a big cheer upon seeing the result......4 fecking 1!

Fantastic result for the boys....I take it we played well? I honestly have to say I'd rather not be finishing my holiday but heading home to Southend being top of the league is softening the blow.

Looking forward to a pint in The Spread and hearing all from the lads about our march back to the top of League One.
Mate, we humbled the Bees today.

Martin Allen spent most of the game busting a vein on the touchline, it was bleedin' hilarious...

We totally outplayed them, we could have scored 6 or 7, honestly.

Sorry to rub it in...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUBBlue @ Jan. 14 2006,21:45)]Sorry to rub it in...
Don't worry......being fed beer by a very attractive Singapore Airlines stewardess whilst the game was taking place made missing being at Roots Hall bearable.

This is getting scary now.....can we actually do it and go up to The Championship? Watching our recent run from the other side of the world I can't see why not, particularly after today, but what do you guys who have actually seen the games reckon?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 14 2006,22:42)]This is getting scary now.....can we actually do it and go up to The Championship? Watching our recent run from the other side of the world I can't see why not, particularly after today, but what do you guys who have actually seen the games reckon?
On the evidence of today (as good a performance as you'll ever see, 4-1 flattered Brentord) and Oldham last week, without question.

The standard has been set, we just need to maintain it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]what do you guys who have actually seen the games reckon?
I was worried before today that although we were right up there, we have really not been convincing at home since the Forest game and that was in October. However, we are now 9 games undefeated and looking hard to beat. Our away form is good which is important as we are away for 4 of the next 6, so if the others keep nicking points off each other I think we have as good chance as anyone of going up.

As I said....all a bit scary really.

I may have to stall the emigrating to Oz plans for a while.....will want to see at least one season back in the second tier of English football!

Lets face it, if we go through a period of not playing particularly well but still have a long unbeaten run and are top of the league.....that's not bad by anyone's standards is it?

Back