• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Comment: This is as bad as it's been for Southend United in 30 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard on Saturday that Ron has lost his driving license although other rumours are that his Bentley has been repossessed. Anyone know any more?

Times were PROBABLY worse in the mid 1980s, I was in my mid teens, so have sketchy recollections, but yeah the football was absolute gash, record low crowds, a very crooked chairman and so on.

The difference this time is two fold.

1. social media. Everything is easily and quickly spread. The good, the bad and the ugly. Things passed off as FACT that actually aren't. Every bad rumour becomes a thing, everyone regardless of knowledge has an opinion and we all react.

2. unlike the 1980s, this is one thing after another over a period of two years. I said somewhere on here that things couldn't get any worse (that was October). Things have certainly got worse.

The football in 2019 was dire to say the least. However I cannot see that we are in a worse position than when we relegated from League One last time. Paul Sturrock started with just 4 players and nothing like the academy players we have now.

2020 is already seeing an improvement.

I agree with Rigsby and am looking forward to seeing the young lads in League 2 next year. I don't expect us to be challenging for promotion but it will be good to see them develop.
If we play with the academy players in League 2 we will be relegated to the National league. This isn’t the class of 92!!

Some of them look promising....but no way we can blood them next season when we will be fighting for our league status.

Last edited:
Could we not be successful with a young side.

Crewe seem to make it work.

If we play with the academy players in League 2 we will be relegated to the National league. This isn’t the class of 92!!

Some of them look promising....but know way we can blood them next season when we will be fighting for our league status.

Thats why we are doing it this season.

They will be experienced pros who have all played at a higher level......L2 will be a stroll for these lads

Thats why we are doing it this season.

They will be experienced pros who have all played at a higher level......L2 will be a stroll for these lads
Sorry forgive my stupidity.....lthough I sense a touch of irony in your post!

Heard on Saturday that Ron has lost his driving license although other rumours are that his Bentley has been repossessed. Anyone know any more?

He was in Bogaz in Rayleigh this evening with Mrs M tucking into a mixed grill

He was in Bogaz in Rayleigh this evening with Mrs M tucking into a mixed grill

The night ended in disaster as they were expecting 2 large mixed grills and ended up with 2 kids meals....
Some sort of Kitchen embargo is the rumour, Ron said he wouldn’t have minded but the owner should have been clear and upfront before he booked.

Went past Ron's house yesterday, the Bentley was parked in its normal place on the drive, so it's definitely not been repossessed, and if he'd lost his licence then wouldn't it be garaged? Some people come out with some really odd rumours.

The night ended in disaster as they were expecting 2 large mixed grills and ended up with 2 kids meals....
Some sort of Kitchen embargo is the rumour, Ron said he wouldn’t have minded but the owner should have been clear and upfront before he booked.

If you've seen the size of the owner it would be no surprise if Ron asked him what he was doing Tuesday evening but he'd have to bring his own gloves as we only have kids size now!..

There's a tremendous photo on Twitter (nod to Jemma) of the heater being held up by a fork! .. I love this club! :- :Cool::Worthy: :Smile::Smile:

EQ1Ap-kWkAgt-JH

Is there any truth in when the “courting of Henrik Larson” was going on, part of the Henrik deal was he brought some form of consortium / investment with him (the reason behind the few million quids worth of debt getting settled) m. The Henrik deal falling through, led to the loss of investment and the money used to wipe the debt of the books which would of been used to keep us afloat now no longer exists and reasoning behind the need to cut wage bill and cash in?

Went past Ron's house yesterday, the Bentley was parked in its normal place on the drive, so it's definitely not been repossessed, and if he'd lost his licence then wouldn't it be garaged? Some people come out with some really odd rumours.

That one has been floating around for weeks. Maybe an assumption based on the fact he has been driving one of the clubs cars ... ?

Some of them look promising....but no way we can blood them next season when we will be fighting for our league status.

100% agree, they are nowhere near ready to play week in week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back