• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Comment: This is as bad as it's been for Southend United in 30 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did, but it's an article full of unsubstantiated speculation, none of which has seen a conviction or even a court case, from my understanding.

Bennell was convicted, mostly on his own admission in the end and his case is well documented.

It's a forum mate, and almost every thread goes off topic. That will never stop. I didn't send it off topic, I merely replied, to shed more light to the posters comment.
Well may I suggest you post it somewhere more appropriate. How about a Crewe Alexandra forum to start with? Moderators obviously having the afternoon off.

The Crewe academy process is something they are proud of and is a great model for football.

Bennell was an awful case but, as mentioned previously, not the only one in the country.

His actions are nothing to do with the notion that having a successful young academy team is a risk because of those predators in and around the game at the time.

Can we get back to moaning about SUFC. We don't need a rare thread like this hi-jacked with other clubs problems. If the mods don't step in, it wont be long until someone mentions Bury.

I think the 187 lines of text might be the clincher.
Fine, if it is now open house to never be censored for going off-topic.

So you've made 835 messages up til now on Shrimperzone. Are you going to tell me you have never gone off topic, or replied to a post that's gone off topic?

So you've made 835 messages up til now on Shrimperzone. Are you going to tell me you have never gone off topic, or replied to a post that's gone off topic?
Quite possibly, but I have never written a short story as one thread.
As someone who has composed 10,536 messages to date, are you aware that there is a General Football Forum within Shrimperzone?

Just for orders sake, @THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK replied to my post. This was not the original one that went off-topic.

@Napster took it off topic by mentioning paedophiles for some reason when myself and @Kris were discussing the merits of how successful a good youth system can be and that maybe it's the way ahead for our club.

All threads go off-topic, but it was a bit of a leap it has to be said.

Just for orders sake, @THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK replied to my post. This was not the original one that went off-topic.

@Napster took it off topic by mentioning paedophiles for some reason when myself and @Kris were discussing the merits of how successful a good youth system can be and that maybe it's the way ahead for our club.

All threads go off-topic, but it was a bit of a leap it has to be said.

It's not for "some reason". They're lauded as an academy but their leadership was lacking.

We are talking about 30 years ago and one person also connected to other clubs. As @Stuart W suggested, start your own thread if you want to talk about that subject.

It's the person who is to blame, not the notion and idea of how the academy works at Crewe Alexandra.

It has nothing to do with a discussion about the merits of a youth system and how successful it can be in the modern world of cheap signings and manager rotation.

Southend are a club on the breadline, so our hand may be forced into going with the option of just bringing our own players through and selling them on if we have to.

We have tried the other alternatives and they haven't worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back