• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
Please spare a thought for fellow Shrimperzone favourite "Spartan" who's side crashed out tonight of the play offs.

I am sure my fellow Shrimpers would like to join me with a few words of commiseration.

"Spartan,

It just goes to show that money really cant buy you everything

Much love xxx"

Don't want to be a party pooper, but would it be possible to discuss Brighton and take the **** out of Spartan without resorting to the (pretty crappy) gay jokes?

Im sure we wont be hearing from Spartan for a long time!

Be great to have Holloway back in the prem, with a good club, full of home grown players rather than Zola's foreign legion.

Im sure we wont be hearing from Spartan for a long time!

Be great to have Holloway back in the prem, with a good club, full of home grown players rather than Zola's foreign legion.

Are you serious ?

Palace's starting XI tonight comprised:

An Argentinian goalkeeper,
A South African
An Australian
Two Irish players
An Ivorian
A Welshman
Players from, variously, Portsmouth, Derby, MK Dons, Ipswich

oh yes and a couple of players who could be considered "home grown".

Are you serious ?

Palace's starting XI tonight comprised:

An Argentinian goalkeeper,
A South African
An Australian
Two Irish players
An Ivorian
A Welshman
Players from, variously, Portsmouth, Derby, MK Dons, Ipswich

oh yes and a couple of players who could be considered "home grown".

Don't forget our very own Stuart O'Keefe.

Don't want to be a party pooper, but would it be possible to discuss Brighton and take the **** out of Spartan without resorting to the (pretty crappy) gay jokes?

I didn't see it that way, I thought he was saying it was a shame. Each to their own but you seem a bit sensitive and over-reactive.

I guess we can laugh but the sad fact is teams like Brighton, Hull, Swansea, Cardifff, Reading to name a few are the benchmark for us and the first 4 teams all had old grounds in the early 00's in the bottom tier with us!!!!

Just goes to show in these examples what can be achieved when a new stadium is built and the fans gather around the team.

I guess we can laugh but the sad fact is teams like Brighton, Hull, Swansea, Cardifff, Reading to name a few are the benchmark for us and the first 4 teams all had old grounds in the early 00's in the bottom tier with us!!!!

Just goes to show in these examples what can be achieved when a new stadium is built and the fans gather around the team.

Yeah agreed. Don't really think we can take the **** when we finished midtable in League Two and they missed out on heading to the Prem. I agree with Scott that the way those clubs have prospered since moving to a new ground is encouraging for us. Even though our ground move has turned into a painful saga it's nothing on what Brighton fans went through to get theirs

Please spare a thought for fellow Shrimperzone favourite "Spartan" who's side crashed out tonight of the play offs.

I am sure my fellow Shrimpers would like to join me with a few words of commiseration.

"Spartan,

It just goes to show that money really cant buy you everything

Much love xxx"

Yes, my first inclination was to smile at his misfortune. I then thought about the fact they were in the Championship play-offs (we couldn't even make the League Two version). I looked at their brand new Stadium, last night nearly packed to capacity with 29,500...........and strangely, I found that I wasn't smiling anymore. :sad:

Brighton in the Prem would just have been wrong. The gloating would have been unbearable.

Yeah agreed. Don't really think we can take the **** when we finished midtable in League Two and they missed out on heading to the Prem. I agree with Scott that the way those clubs have prospered since moving to a new ground is encouraging for us. Even though our ground move has turned into a painful saga it's nothing on what Brighton fans went through to get theirs

Trouble is, Spartan came on here giving it large. He deserves all he gets... glad they got shafted in the play offs...and so were they I'd imagine :smile:

Reading haven't been in the bottom tier for a very long while (80s ?) and were at their new ground before the "00's" and Cardiff had already made it back to the Championship long before their new ground. I don't think it's the new grounds per se that have brought about success, more that the competent directors and owners of these clubs who have had the wherewithal to bring these stadiums to fruition also had the resources and ability to put together managers and players with the necessary skill to progress.

It would take more than just (three quarters of?) a new stadium.

Back