• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Commutes...

10 minute drive to my local office (which I found!), but being an Area Manager means lots of travelling to our wonderful clients anywhere in Kent, Essex, Herts, Middlesex, London or Suffolk which can be a pain in the arse

Needing to go to HQ means a train from Rayleigh to Liv St, then to Chancery Lane by tube followed by a 10 minute walk, thankfully this is only a few times a month as the train journey drives me insane

Or an easy walk?
Potentially, certainly going to work as it's downhill but it would involve going through Thundersley Glen and the unmade roads around Catherine Road and I'm a bit of a wuss - plus my right knee is absolutely shot. Certainly used to walk when we were in the rental in Avondale, but top of Church Hill is quite a bit further.

Generally around 30 seconds - from kitchen to study - except for occasional meetings in London or working at a client’s site. Pain in the *** though on the (rare) occasions I do need to hit one of our offices as they’re Reading, Berlin and Amsterdam. Weird that M25 and roadworks almost everywhere means Reading is often the longer and more frustrating commute out of all of them! Amsterdam from Southend airport is a commuter's dream come true!

Generally around 30 seconds - from kitchen to study - except for occasional meetings in London or working at a client’s site. Pain in the *** though on the (rare) occasions I do need to hit one of our offices as they’re Reading, Berlin and Amsterdam. Weird that M25 and roadworks almost everywhere means Reading is often the longer and more frustrating commute out of all of them! Amsterdam from Southend airport is a commuter's dream come true!

That Amsterdam trip does sound bloody marvelous, I used to have to go to Eindhoven every month from Stansted, which is obviously a lot more convenient than Gatwick or Heathrow but the drive home from there after a 16 hour day was a real pain in the balls.

That Amsterdam trip does sound bloody marvelous, I used to have to go to Eindhoven every month from Stansted, which is obviously a lot more convenient than Gatwick or Heathrow but the drive home from there after a 16 hour day was a real pain in the balls.
Just a short time in the air. Then my record from being inside the plane waiting to disembark to walking through my front door at home in Rayleigh.... 21 minutes! Annoyingly, used to be able to fly regularly from there to Berlin but they cancelled the route about 2 years ago meaning an additional 2 hours each time to go from Stansted so I know your pain! :-(

5 min in the car (depending on the sequence of the lights) or a 15-20 min walk but seeing as I walk throughout the day I choose to drive.
Would love to cycle to and from and do my home visits on a bike but, I am frightened of cycling on the roads

1hr 45 mins commute on Monday then normally about 2hrs+ on a Friday. Unfortunately living on camp during the week until I find a new job.

Brentwood office 30 to 45 mins there, back home 55 mins to an hour. Basildon office 20 mins there, half hour back home. Sometimes WFH

Chalkwell to Hornchurch, 1 hour 20 door to door. Have started walking to the office from Upminster so I get a decent bit of excercise too.

Rayleigh to Westminster most days but also travel to London bridge, Denmark Hill and Orpington on occasion.

Perhaps not the shortest or longest commute but possibly the one of the most stunning. I used to drive over Snake pass through the High Peak National Park past The Derwent and Ladybower reservoirs (where the Dambusters practised).

I actually enjoyed the drive more than the job! Even took a day off to see the Lancaster flypast once.

Perhaps not the shortest or longest commute but possibly the one of the most stunning. I used to drive over Snake pass through the High Peak National Park past The Derwent and Ladybower reservoirs (where the Dambusters practised).

I actually enjoyed the drive more than the job! Even took a day off to see the Lancaster flypast once.

I used to go drinking up there when I was at Manchester University.

I live in South London and work right by St James Park.
I used to be able to do it in about 30-40 minutes. Moved two stops down and it's about an hour now. There are advantages of the new place, but the longer commute is defo a disadvantage. ten minutes walk to the station, 15-odd minutes to London Bridge, 10 minutes to Charing Cross, ten minutes walk to work. In theory.

Back