• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Company help

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Speak with Darth Jobson earlier I have been given an approximate cost to get us moved from the north west side or the north bank to a permanent home of the north east side of the north back thus swapping home fans with away fans this would also mean our own bar and entrance to the north however to achieve this we need to have the massive iron gates moved from one location to another.

I am being told the club are quoted 2k for this job but if there is anybody out there who is qualified or runs a firm that will do it for the sake of the atmosphere and our fans being able to be in the north for every game league or cup please let me know

Have you asked the Trust ?

They seem the ideal people to ask.
I would have thought Tara Brady might be worth an ask, he seemed to have a lot of "contacts".

If you're suggesting the Trust pay for it, personally I'm not sure about that, but certainly see if the request can be circulated to members. Someone may have a good contact.

I have no contacts. But hats off to TrueBlue for his efforts and commitment for the cause. It's appreciated what you do and are doing (could do with a few more like you). It would be great if it can be sorted.

I have no idea what moving a big gate would involve but I will have a go at it and will not charge a penny. My toolbag consists of a few scredrivers a big claw hammer some pliers and a drill. Let me know what jobson says

Interesting if it goes ahead....hopefully. It will make it a far more intimidating place for away supporters with "North Bankers" on their left and West Stand on their right......bring it on !!

Not sure if this is a good move or not. If we still only have half the stand I can't really see any benefit apart from having a bar which probably 75% of the current North Bankers will not be able to use. If the away fans just have the NW corner then that would be better.

But if we are still in League 2 next season our home support could drop even more and I can't see people returning to the North Bank just because of a bar and our own entrance.

Not sure if this is a good move or not. If we still only have half the stand I can't really see any benefit apart from having a bar which probably 75% of the current North Bankers will not be able to use. If the away fans just have the NW corner then that would be better.

But if we are still in League 2 next season our home support could drop even more and I can't see people returning to the North Bank just because of a bar and our own entrance.

I think the main objective of this is to make sure that we don't have to give up the north bank! could help with avoiding trouble etc? I don't think it's a move to get more people in there, I think it's just a case of safety concerns from stewards... I could be horribly wrong though!

I think the main objective of this is to make sure that we don't have to give up the north bank! could help with avoiding trouble etc? I don't think it's a move to get more people in there, I think it's just a case of safety concerns from stewards... I could be horribly wrong though!

You are 100% correct

Back