• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Company Name

Thinking of setting up my own company for consultancy work - anyone have an idea for a company name?

definition of a consultant is one who, when asked the time, asks to borrow your watch, tells you the time, charges you for doing so and then keeps the watch!

How about "Shaftyounicely.com"?

seriously it is worth thinking about what your "unique selling point" is that will differentiate you from the competition, and then work from that to establish your brand and therefore name. People I know who have gone into consultancy have either done this, or have just taken their initials and then added "consulting" afterwards.

be warned (and you may know this as a financial bod anyway) the tax and NI status stuff can be a pain to set up. but you can also save shed loads if you set a company properly - I didnt when I tried and it got to be a too much hassle, although I was doing it as a sideline to my day job.

good luck

definition of a consultant is one who, when asked the time, asks to borrow your watch, tells you the time, charges you for doing so and then keeps the watch!

How about "Shaftyounicely.com"?

seriously it is worth thinking about what your "unique selling point" is that will differentiate you from the competition, and then work from that to establish your brand and therefore name. People I know who have gone into consultancy have either done this, or have just taken their initials and then added "consulting" afterwards.

be warned (and you may know this as a financial bod anyway) the tax and NI status stuff can be a pain to set up. but you can also save shed loads if you set a company properly - I didnt when I tried and it got to be a too much hassle, although I was doing it as a sideline to my day job.

good luck

Thanks for your kind words - I will be setting the company up through an accountant, so everything will be done properly. As demonstrated with our football club, making sure the taxman is on your side is a big deal...

Thinking of:

TEG Consultancy Limited

I have Thames Estuary Galacticos on my mousemat, so it would have a Southend United link... Hmmm...

Think about what it means to the people your targeting, the same with your logo and brand. Also and more importantly make sure you can secure the domain name

Also think about the logo - can your name be incorporated into a logo? My company Amaze Events' logo, was a simple maze, which was incorporated into all kinds of things. Plus the word amaze can be used for copywriting as well.

Also, think about website address - you want a .com ideally, is the website available? No point choosing a name then not being able to have the right website for it!

Prestige Worldwide

[video=youtube;ciS914MaDl8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciS914MaDl8[/video]

Back