• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Computer help needed

The General

The Mouse (*)
A week or so back, my windows os did one of its updates as you close the laptop down. Not a problem as normally happens once a week. However, the next time i turned the pc on, my internet connection was basically blocked by this update! I turned my firewalls off, did a system recovery and then it would come back to before the laptop did its update and all would be fine ... until i shut the laptop down!

Any other suggestions of what i can do would be appreciated! If this problem continues, would you suggest i contact Norton regarding it?!

Cheers

Kev

I dont see what it has to do with Norton? If Windows needs to download the update it will keep doing it unless you turn off automatic updates (not recommended unless you remember to do it manually). Do you get any kind of message when you try to connect to the internet?

I had a similar problem with my laptop, the updates keep re-configuring and I couldn't get past that screen. I had to have the whole thing re-set. Premier Computers wanted £54 plus vat, but in the end I took it to PC Seven in Leigh and he did it for £35 all in, and he backed up all my files to my external drive for me.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Kind regards x

I take it the laptop is Wifi enabled? Have you checked to see if your Wireless Adaptor is actually on? This might sound simple, but I made the same mistake a while ago and it took me a day to figure out what was wrong. If that doesn't work, see if it connects to the internet when you plug it in to the router with a LAN cable, if it does, then try re-installing your Wifi drivers.

It comes up with a message saying that "security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection" after i Diagnosed Connection Problems. Ive tried fiddling about with the firewalls but nothing has worked as of yet, bar re-covering back to before this update!
Im not sure anyone has come up with a decent solution as of yet so if anyone could help that would be grand!

Kev

Back