• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Computer problem

chadded

Not striking since 2004
I got a bubble appearing in the bottom of my screen, that says my computer is infected!

Dangerous malware infection was detected on your PC. the system will now download and install most efficient antimalware program to prevent data loss and your privatre information theft. click here to protect your computer from the biggest malware threats.

Now when I click, it takes me to a site, and I dont want to pay for anything. Is there a way I can get rid of this pop up bubble easily?

Sounds like spyware to me. Unfortunately most spyware removers cost money but things like SpyBot search and destroy may just find the problem:

SpyBot

Many sites offer free scans as well and may even tell you how to get rid of it, one list of top sites is here

I did the old microsoft anti spyware thingy, and it only returned the kazza sh!t on my computer, but I know that this stuff isnt to do with kazaa.

The problem is spyaxe, but getting rid of it is proving difficult. the simple uninstall and restart of computer works for 30 seconds until it magically reappears..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Jan. 02 2006,10:03)]The problem is spyaxe, but getting rid of it is proving difficult. the simple uninstall and restart of computer works for 30 seconds until it magically reappears..
Spyware is hard to get rid off, Make sure you dont have trojan. If you do Sadly back up all work...........

Chadded have you checked your start up menu?

Start>Run> type in msconfig> Ok>Startup
then have a look there to see if there's anything fishy...if you see a program that looks a bit ominous uncheck it reboot and see if you get the problem again? You can always click the program on again.

Unfortuanatley I've had heaps of problems since buying this new computer for 3 months! hardware failures!
sad.gif
Damn things like my old Triumph Bonny, two hours riding it and two hours fixing/tweaking it.

Awesome

This sounds like exactly the problem I had months back and it turns out that Adware wasn't the only thing I was infected with.

This place is totally free to join and if you start a thread in the correct operating system Forum someone will take your case on board and talk you through step by step how to get rid of all your issues. The first time took a few hours and a bit of patience but it was well worth it. I picked up a few tips and additional software to reduce (not eradicate) future problems.

It is also idiot-proof. If I can understand them anyone can.

Whatever smitrem.exe is I think, touch word, its worked. Had to restart the comp in safe mode (learn something new every day) and run this program. but the annoying bubble, and the spyaxe program seems to have disappeared.

Moral of the story? Don't look at mucky sites.

Back