• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperman

Manager
Unfortunately another unashamed request for help! Was trying to help fix my sisters computer, shes tried updating Itunes to the new version. In the process of doing so, her computers crashed so the update has got half way through and stopped. Now her computer won't allow her to sync her ipod with itunes as its says theres another itunes already loaded.

I've tried a few things. Firstly, just removing the program, which it wouldn't allow. Then I tried restoring to an earlier date, which also didn't work. Is there any other way of viewing/removing programs other than from the list acquired from add or remove programs? Any other suggestions?

Sorry if thats all a bit vague, I'll be back round hers tonight so if anyone has any suggestions I can only try then. As usual, any help greatly appreciated and a whole heap of green can be expected.

I suspect that the installer may have placed entries in the Windows registry that need to be removed manually before trying to install again. To be honest, it's something that can go wrong if you're not sure what you're doing so it might be worth paying for an hour of a techie's time if you don't have any friends who are au fait with that kind of thing.

my missus downloaded iTunes for her iPod last week and although it installed fine, during the laborious task of converting to MP4 (ragh) my PC rebooted by itself, when i logged on again the OS told me there was a critical security update (not sure if it's to do with iTunes)

Now, whether this is anything in relation to your friends problem I don't know but it's worth taking note.

I tend agree with what Sussex Shrimper said about the registry as well.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'm pretty sure its the registry, something which unfortunately I'm not too familiar. I'll check out that site aswell thanks ORM.

run regedit...local machine, software, itunes and delete the folder. you should be able to then re-install itunes and new registry settings should be installed.

Back