• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Concerns growing for Southend United, on and off the pitch

I thought it was a good article by Chris and summed up our dire situation very well. What continues to worry me is again no suggestion from our Chairman as to how he is going to resolve our financial situation. Why is he not asking for help or some form of support either from us the supporters or some wealthy people who live in Essex or have connections outside........ He may not want to admit he needs help but its obvious he does........
Or is all this a deliberate and elaborate plan by Ron?
We will be wound up next month and Ron says ”I did everything thing in my power to try and get this resolved.”
He then walks away , with his property development plans and hopes to live a stress free life.:Angry Mob:

.....how about chairman ron coming out of the woodwork and telling us 6.000 plus loyal supporters what is going on behind the walls of roots hall .

Well, in his statement posted on the 16th he said "I realise it is important in these times to keep supporters informed and the club will now do just that week by week."

Look forward to the next update. Anyone else holding breath ? :Think:

Not to0 concerned yet as the weeks up tomorrow so still plenty of time for our Ron to come out with his advised weekly update and tell us all a lot more and put our minds at ease as he is such a wonderful communicator

hence the problem in improving the squad , anyone coming in has to be on less than those leaving ...

it’s all well and good with 1 in and 1 out but the one in is on less , can you really bring in experience for less than you are paying a young first pro?
The only way i could think of is crazy clean sheet, win and goal bonuses. Promotion bonus perhaps. And some journeymen who are otherwise out of work in this time.

Back