• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reckon it will mainly be youth and maybe a few trialists. Don't think the first team will play QPR on the Friday then Concord the next day.

Concord are on fire in pre season. Won all three friendlies, scoring 13 and conceding 1 !!.

Could be on for a few more on Saturday against our team of youngsters and trialists, any one going?.

Lineup for the game: Smith, Auger, Farrell, Edwards, Banton, King, Scott, Barlow, J Wiilliams, Gard, M Pinnock.

2-0 down at half time, Smith has saved a penalty.

No real shock Concord would always hammer our youths. Must admit went to see them play in the week and to be fair are a very very good side and don't forget they are Conference South the same as SUFC QPR last night in the pyramid. They are a an upcoming team and Tony Stokes is a different level and perhaps all being well could be a conference side next season, and on a different note have a great club house!

and forgive me for grammatical errors etc as have been drinking this afternooon.

Crazy as its sound, we are one relegation & Concord are one promotion away from playing Vs each other in same league - now that is a scary thought!

Crazy as its sound, we are one relegation & Concord are one promotion away from playing Vs each other in same league - now that is a scary thought!

Thanks for putting it better than i could! It does make you wonder though what other jobs some of these non league players have to make it worthwhile not playing at a higher level.

Maybe signing a 1 year contract with a league team to try and make it isn't worth the risk, if say, you have a good job that your comfortable in that pays 40-50k a year. Play semi-pro, best of both worlds imho.

Maybe signing a 1 year contract with a league team to try and make it isn't worth the risk, if say, you have a good job that your comfortable in that pays 40-50k a year. Play semi-pro, best of both worlds imho.

It has always been the case. The ex deputy head at the school I used to work at was a very useful non league player and when Wimbledon first entered the Football League Dave Bassett wanted him to sign for them but he didn't as he was making far more money as a teacher and playing for Sutton United.

Perhaps next year, if both teams are in the division which they will start this season,we will do Concord the courtesy of sending a first team squad instead of the youths, both teams will get more out of it.
It would also be helpful to have an official who was less of an idiot than today's ref Mr Neil West, the only ref to make Rob Whitton look competent!!.
On a side note, where was Paul Smith today?. Is he saving his comeback until next Saturday against Plymouth?. I would have thought that 45 minutes against Concord would have been good for him.

It has always been the case. The ex deputy head at the school I used to work at was a very useful non league player and when Wimbledon first entered the Football League Dave Bassett wanted him to sign for them but he didn't as he was making far more money as a teacher and playing for Sutton United.

Plus teachers work fewer hours than footballers.

Perhaps next year, if both teams are in the division which they will start this season,we will do Concord the courtesy of sending a first team squad instead of the youths, both teams will get more out of it.
It would also be helpful to have an official who was less of an idiot than today's ref Mr Neil West, the only ref to make Rob Whitton look competent!!.
On a side note, where was Paul Smith today?. Is he saving his comeback until next Saturday against Plymouth?. I would have thought that 45 minutes against Concord would have been good for him.

Paul smith is injured, so why would he play?

I've got bad news for you; there are plenty of worse refs around than Rob Whitton at that level and there are even quite a few worse than Neil West !!!

Back