• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
Here's an abbreviated current table...ooh er...

6 Millwall......... P44 Pts 70 GD +11
7 Southend.......P44 Pts 69 GD +17
8 Rochdale........P44 Pts 67 GD +9
9 Bristol Rovers.P44 Pts 66 GD +1

and they all play in blue and white!

IDShot_540x540.jpg

Condensed milk as it stands. Also in blue and white......:stunned:

Millwall

Oxford (H) Bristol Rovers (A)

Southend

Shrewsbury (A) Bury (H)

Rochdale

Oldham (A) Bradford (H)

Bristol Rovers

Peterborough (A) Millwall (H)

Think we simply ( yeah right ! ) have to WIN both games to have any chance.
I don't think a draw and win will be enough.
Shrewsbury aren't safe , which means they have to try to get a win from their final home game.
That makes it tough for us , but also gives us a chance on the break as they 'should' be more open.

I want Bristol Rovers to win at Peterborough as it keeps them 'interested' against Millwall.
If they lose at Posh , they might just have their flip flops on and suntan cream ready for the last game.

Anyway , if Millwall win and we lose on Sat , then our final game is a non event and just a chance to cheer the boys for a very good ( mostly ) , second half of the season.

Shrewsbury aren't safe , which means they have to try to get a win from their final home game.
That makes it tough for us , but also gives us a chance on the break as they 'should' be more open.

I want Bristol Rovers to win at Peterborough as it keeps them 'interested' against Millwall.
If they lose at Posh , they might just have their flip flops on and suntan cream ready for the last game.

Anyway , if Millwall win and we lose on Sat , then our final game is a non event and just a chance to cheer the boys for a very good ( mostly ) , second half of the season.

I can see Millwall still dropping points, i.e. I don't think they'll win both their matches. It's still all to play for, but yesterday was a real missed opportunity.

We didn't play well, but we didn't deserve to lose either.

I can see Millwall still dropping points, i.e. I don't think they'll win both their matches. It's still all to play for, but yesterday was a real missed opportunity.

We didn't play well, but we didn't deserve to lose either.

Yeah , still some twists and turns to come and think Rochdale will be renewed after last weekend.

Yesterday was really odd on reflection , because on many occasions you cannot ask for better than a home game against a team with nothing to play for.
After the first 15-20 mins , my thoughts that we were a bit casual , but honestly didn't see them as anything great at all and thought it was just a matter of time.
Think they hit the post just before half time and seemed to come out with a different attitude and play quite freely.

On our part it became obvious that Anton was struggling , but I have some sympathy for Brown and didn't think he had much option but to persevere with him given the defensive options available.
Fortune on the other hand should have been brought on earlier I think , but we can all say things with hindsight.

Looking at the teams line up , it also struck me that their back four were quite small and I thought Ranger would dominate - maybe they weren't that short , but looked that way to me ( they were certainly not Bolton in size ).

Once they scored , any game plan we had went out of the window.
Thompson did well , but he was also getting frustrated and trying to cover all over the place.
Timlin did what he could , but he is not a full back and we lacked the outlet of Coker big time.
I have mentioned Demi on more than one other thread , so will leave that one alone now.

I still have hope , but that's all it is right now.
Let's see.
Would just like the Bury game to have something to play for , even if we do eventually fall short.

Yeah , still some twists and turns to come and think Rochdale will be renewed after last weekend.

Yesterday was really odd on reflection , because on many occasions you cannot ask for better than a home game against a team with nothing to play for.
After the first 15-20 mins , my thoughts that we were a bit casual , but honestly didn't see them as anything great at all and thought it was just a matter of time.
Think they hit the post just before half time and seemed to come out with a different attitude and play quite freely.

On our part it became obvious that Anton was struggling , but I have some sympathy for Brown and didn't think he had much option but to persevere with him given the defensive options available.
Fortune on the other hand should have been brought on earlier I think , but we can all say things with hindsight.

Looking at the teams line up , it also struck me that their back four were quite small and I thought Ranger would dominate - maybe they weren't that short , but looked that way to me ( they were certainly not Bolton in size ).

Once they scored , any game plan we had went out of the window.
Thompson did well , but he was also getting frustrated and trying to cover all over the place.
Timlin did what he could , but he is not a full back and we lacked the outlet of Coker big time.
I have mentioned Demi on more than one other thread , so will leave that one alone now.

I still have hope , but that's all it is right now.
Let's see.
Would just like the Bury game to have something to play for , even if we do eventually fall short.

I think I agree with just about all of that. I think White not being available caused a problem because we had no other option at the back. It was a shame for Anton because (apparently) his brother was watching.

I also said I didn't see them as an attacking threat, but somehow they managed to score twice.

Fortune made a difference when he came on as I think Ranger had an off day. I agree with you that their central defenders were relatively short, but blimey could they jump! I feel Timlin doesn't have the confidence to get forward from left back in the same way Coker does, so I hope he's back for Shrewsbury.

The important thing to remember is that we're still only 1 point behind, and (as I stated earlier) I don't think Millwall will win both their remaining matches.

Rovers need Millwall to lose at home to Oxford ( and win themselves at Posh) to be in with any shout .
Then I would fancy them to Pick the points up at home ,

If that pans out they will have 72 points and Millwall 70, if it doesnt I cant see Millwall losing at Bristol so its a minimum of 4 points for them

What ever happens, we have to win both games ......

To be honest, I fancy Millwall to win both of their games. I really think that yesterday was the moment for us.

To be honest, I fancy Millwall to win both of their games. I really think that yesterday was the moment for us.

I totally agree. I've tried to stay positive but after yesterdays result, I don't think we'll do it. Over our last 4 games we've been more relegation form rather than promotion.

We need to win both our games and hope Millwall won't win at least one of there remaining 2 games which I can't see either happening.

100% need to win both remaining games for the playoffs. Don't honestly see Millwall winning both of their games, but on the other hand it wouldn't shock me entirely if they did. Nice long break until the next game now so hopefully we can rest some tired legs and Brown has plenty of time to get the attitudes and mindset right.

Still so hard to take losing yesterday as we could've put some daylight between us and the chasing pack, especially with an easier run in.

More than that (admittedly just a tiny bit) was the McGlashan penalty that wasn't given at...Millwall.

Playing Nouble instead of MAF at Charlton? That probably would have ended 2-2.

Yes....... and Ranger missing a golden chance from 3 yards out at Bristol......... the list could go on.....

All just buts and maybes, however we still have a good chance if we win our last two fixtures.

Yes....... and Ranger missing a golden chance from 3 yards out at Bristol......... the list could go on.....

All just buts and maybes, however we still have a good chance if we win our last two fixtures.

True, but we still need Millwall to drop points. I have a feeling it'll go to the last game. Squeaky bum time.

can see it all being settled on a controversial refereeing decision - somewhere, but where? and in whose favour?

can also see a pitch invasion at Bristol Rovers if things are not going Millwall's way, hence buying themselves some crucial time to know exactly what they need to do.

can see it all being settled on a controversial refereeing decision - somewhere, but where? and in whose favour?

can also see a pitch invasion at Bristol Rovers if things are not going Millwall's way, hence buying themselves some crucial time to know exactly what they need to do.

Hopefully 5-0 down at half time. What they need to do is enjoy another season in Lg1.

Playing Nouble instead of MAF at Charlton? That probably would have ended 2-2.

You know what I'm still staggered by this selection,I cannot for the life of me understand how playing Frank was beneficial to him or the team.

Back