• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

On Saturday, if:
- Millwall lose
- we draw
- Dale win
- Gas win

... that keeps all four teams interested for the final game with us in the box seat.

I might just wander down the bookies to set up a little accumulator on that one.

So the updated Condensed ("Milk cup)"....(the older shrimpers on SZ will remember this!).... the current table of possible play off's currently looks like this:

2. Bolton..........P44 PTS 80 / GD + 27
3. Fleetwood....P44 Pts 78 / GD + 20
4. Scunthorpe...P44 Pts 76 / GD + 23
5.Bradford........P44 Pts 75 / GD +16
6 Millwall......... P44 Pts 70 / GD +11
7 Southend.......P44 Pts 69 / GD +17
8 Rochdale........P44 Pts 67 / GD +9
9 Bristol Rovers.P44 Pts 66 GD +1

Last edited:
Here's a bit of symmetry, with a positive outcome for next Sunday.

Against the bottom eight sides, we have :-

Didn't win either game

Swindon Town
Port Vale
Gillingham
Shrewsbury Town

Won both games

Chesterfield
Coventry City
Oldham Athletic
Bury (?)

:thumbsup:

It's all down to the last day for Millwall, Rochdale and Southend. Oh well, never a dull moment!

I actually did, as well. Especially when they were 1-0 up yesterday and had pole position for a short while.

Here is the latest update....coffee-fuelled....

6 Millwall ......P45 70 +8 Bristol R (A)
7 Southend.. P45 69 +16 Bury (H)
8 Rochdale... P45 68 +9 Bradford C (A)

19 Bury........ P45 50 -11 Southend (A)
20 Gills........ P45 49 -20 N'Hampton (A)
21 P.Vale......P44 45 -26 Walsall (A), Fleetwood (A)

It's getting tense...

I think Vale are f***ed.

They've lost 5 on the trot, without even scoring a goal!

Here is the latest update....coffee-fuelled....

6 Millwall ......P45 70 +8 Bristol R (A)
7 Southend.. P45 69 +16 Bury (H)
8 Rochdale... P45 68 +9 Bradford C (A)

19 Bury........ P45 50 -11 Southend (A)
20 Gills........ P45 49 -20 N'Hampton (A)
21 P.Vale......P44 45 -26 Walsall (A), Fleetwood (A)

It's getting tense...
So the permutations are as follows (I think)

Millwall are in the play-offs if they win, or if they draw, and neither of us or Rochdale win, or if they lose, we lose and Rochdale don't win
We are in the play-offs if we win, and Millwall don't, or if we draw and Millwall lose and Rochdale don't win.
Rochdale are in the play-offs if they win, and both Millwall and ourselves don't win.

Lots of phone checking on Sunday I think.....:Scared2:

Let's hope Bury don't field an ineligible player, who comes on as sub and scores a last minute equalizer.

I think the EFL might have a decision or two to make!

OK here's me being Mister Simple from Simpletown. IF we win Sunday and Millwall don't, job done.

OK here's me being Mister Simple from Simpletown. IF we win Sunday and Millwall don't, job done.

It sounds more attainable when you say that.
But you're right of course.

I will try to make it look even better.L

If we 'WIN' our HOME game against a team that have been poo all season ( forget James Vaughn if you can )

Millwall 'HAVE TO WIN AWAY AT BRISTOL ROVERS'

Let's hope Bury don't field an ineligible player, who comes on as sub and scores a last minute equalizer.

I think the EFL might have a decision or two to make!

Imagine if that did happen and we took Millwall's play-off place by default! Am I right in thinking that they didn't award us the 3 points last season after their ineligible player was identified though?

Spot on 'Dan'.

They just scrubbed Bury's points, which sets a dangerous precedent, if it did happen and had an impact on the result, especially as the decision would be after the play-offs are complete, so irreversible, I guess.

Spot on 'Dan'.

They just scrubbed Bury's points, which sets a dangerous precedent, if it did happen and had an impact on the result, especially as the decision would be after the play-offs are complete, so irreversible, I guess.

They were lucky it happened in a fairly meaningless end of season game. I dread to think of the reaction if Bury or ourselves had been in the promotion or relegation shake up, like on Sunday for example!

They definitely were.

In theory, the game would need to be replayed, if the result mattered, which would mean replaying the entire play-offs in June or July.

So the permutations are as follows (I think)

Millwall are in the play-offs if they win, or if they draw, and neither of us or Rochdale win, or if they lose, we lose and Rochdale don't win
We are in the play-offs if we win, and Millwall don't, or if we draw and Millwall lose and Rochdale don't win.
Rochdale are in the play-offs if they win, and both Millwall and ourselves don't win.

Lots of phone checking on Sunday I think.....:Scared2:

It's simple really. We need to better Millwall's result, and hope Bradford do us a favour.

It sounds more attainable when you say that.
But you're right of course.

I will try to make it look even better.L

If we 'WIN' our HOME game against a team that have been poo all season ( forget James Vaughn if you can )

Millwall 'HAVE TO WIN AWAY AT BRISTOL ROVERS'

If only Brizzle had one more point...

Back