• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

chadded

Not striking since 2004
Following on from the USAs impressive victory over Spain last night, tuned into South Africa V Brazil just now with about 75 minutes gone and the score nil nil. Managed to get 13/8 on Brazil to win. Cheers Danny Alves. Fiver on that became £13 something. Easy money.

Anyway, seeing as theres been no threads on this, I presume people arent too interested. What surprised me was the strength of the teams in the competition. Full strength Spain and Brazil squads packed with names, plus players like Pienaar in the SA team, mean that plenty of top footballers are still playing right at the end of June. How long are they going to get off before pre season??

Granted, everyone says footballers are pampered etc, but as professional athletes, a body needs time to recover. Surely this amount of football can't be good for them. In a football match, a footballer will run something along the lines of 6-7 miles. If you're fairly fit, you can run that twice a week with relative ease, however, try doing it as a walk, jog, sprint etc, (some may know it as Fartlek). Suddenly, that's a mighty impressive feat. Add in training, and even a warm up can be quite intense, and that's a hell of a lot of physical exertion.

As an example, Spain won Euro 2008 last summer, then get to the semi's of the Confed cup, with a 3/4th play off to come. Then a World Cup next year. It wouldn't surprise me if a few of the Spanish lads burn out this year, and really go off the boil.

Anyone agree or disagree?

Reading the Spanish press this morning, they are all properly ****ed off having to play this 3rd/4th game. The 'Punishment Game' they're calling it. Totally unnecessary isn't it?

It wouldn't surprise me if a few of the Spanish lads burn out this year, and really go off the boil.

Anyone agree or disagree?

To answer your original question i've not seen a single kick of it, as for the above ?? We can but hope eh !!!

Back