• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Conference Play-Off's

Conference Play-Off's - Who will go up?

• Barnet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shrewsbury

• Aldershot

• Hereford

• Total voters

Fat Bastid

Coach
Everyone (Except me!) seems to think that Barnet will go up but what do you think?

For me, Hereford are by far the strongest of the four sides and only just missed out on automatic promotion after all!

Yawn.....

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 30 2004,09:45)]Yawn.....

wink.gif
Morning Steve!

How are you today?

Don't upset me as I have a serious case of the arse with my employers so I am a bit tetchy this morning!
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ April 30 2004,09:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 30 2004,09:45)]Yawn.....

wink.gif
Morning Steve!

How are you today?

Don't upset me as I have a serious case of the arse with my employers so I am a bit tetchy this morning!  
sad.gif
Morning.

Ah, no problem, B.O.L.A.C.S. will be in full force today then  
biggrin.gif

As it is I agree with you, as much as I'd like Barnet to go up for another local-ish match, I can't see beyond Hereford for the play-offs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 30 2004,09:51)]Ah, no problem, B.O.L.A.C.S. will be in full force today then  
biggrin.gif
Yes, I believe that I used that term a number of times together with a few other choice words!

ghostface.gif

Hereford were, I believe the divisions leading scorers and sound to me like they are the best footballing side.

Aldershot would be fun though as we always used to put a fair few goals past them!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ April 30 2004,09:56)]Hereford were, I believe the divisions leading scorers and sound to me like they are the best footballing side.
Yeah they're a very good side. Esp when they beat Dag & Red 9-0 this season, just shows you how good they are against another good team like D&R.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ April 30 2004,10:18)]Esp when they beat Dag & Red 9-0 this season, just shows you how good they are against another good team like D&R.
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm in the tone of your post young lady?!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ April 30 2004,10:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ April 30 2004,10:18)]Esp when they beat Dag & Red 9-0 this season, just shows you how good they are against another good team like D&R.
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm in the tone of your post young lady?!
tounge.gif
Lol, might have been
biggrin.gif

But seriously, Dag & Red aint really performed as well as they know they can this season. When i saw the 9-0 defeat at Victoria Road, they were awful, complete opposite of what they usually are and should not have been beaten by that many goals. They are definately a top 2 team, and i cant believe it hasnt hapened for them this season.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ April 30 2004,10:33)]But seriously, Dag & Red aint really performed as well as they know they can this season. When i saw the 9-0 defeat at Victoria Road, they were awful, complete opposite of what they usually are and should not have been beaten by that many goals. They are definately a top 2 team, and i cant believe it hasnt hapened for them this season.....
How do you think Exeter must be feeling then?

Played their last game in front of about 9000 fans against Accrington. Won, but still missed the play offs!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ April 30 2004,10:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ April 30 2004,10:33)]But seriously, Dag & Red aint really performed as well as they know they can this season. When i saw the 9-0 defeat at Victoria Road, they were awful, complete opposite of what they usually are and should not have been beaten by that many goals. They are definately a top 2 team, and i cant believe it hasnt hapened for them this season.....
How do you think Exeter must be feeling then?

Played their last game in front of about 9000 fans against Accrington.  Won, but still missed the play offs!
Well Exeter should have been consistent throughout the whole season then, shouldnt they, and then they wouldnt have missed the Play off's!
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Canvey are going to sink without a trace next season in the Conference.

Would not be surprised if they go back down again!
wink.gif

Shame, but sad fact is they are up against far stiffer opposition week in week out next season.

Got to be Hereford I reckon. Best GD in the league and missed out on Chester's impressive 92 point haul by one point.

That said, never seems to happen like that in football. Wouldn't be surprised if Aldershot knock em out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ April 30 2004,10:47)]Is the Play off final a two-legged affair or at a neutral ground?

If so, where?
Britannia Stadium? Thats where it was last year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ April 30 2004,10:43)]Canvey are going to sink without a trace next season in the Conference.

Would not be surprised if they go back down again!
wink.gif

Shame, but sad fact is they are up against far stiffer opposition week in week out next season.
They will certainly be looking for a season of consolidation (they couldn't go up again anyway with their cr*ppy ground!), but they've regularly played Conference and better sides over the last few years (not just one offs) and generally acquitted themselves well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ April 30 2004,11:44)]but they've regularly played Conference and better sides over the last few years (not just one offs) and generally acquitted themselves well.
They've also played League sides and gave a good account.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 30 2004,11:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ April 30 2004,11:44)]but they've regularly played Conference and better sides over the last few years (not just one offs) and generally acquitted themselves well.
Ah, yes but wait until the northern clogger brigade teams meet them and injuries kick in!

Like to see them do well but I cannot see it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 30 2004,11:45)]
[b said:
... hence "Conference and better"

Back