• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Conference Play-Off's

Conference Play-Off's - Who will go up?

• Barnet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shrewsbury

• Aldershot

• Hereford

• Total voters
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ April 30 2004,12:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 30 2004,11:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ April 30 2004,11:44)]but they've regularly played Conference and better sides over the last few years (not just one offs) and generally acquitted themselves well.
They've also played League sides and gave a good account.
... hence "Conference and better"
Yeah, alright. I'm only half awake.

Doing it week in and week out is a different matter. I reckon they'kk finish a couple of places above relegation.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ April 30 2004,12:42)]Doing it week in and week out is a different matter. I reckon they'kk finish a couple of places above relegation.
Eggsactly! (Sorry, Napster's Fried Breakfast post is laying heavy in my stomach!)

They WILL struggle.

I think they will finnish about 9/10th.

Theyve got plenty of players with experiance at the higher level e.g jeff minton and neil Gregory.

so i doubt very much they will struggle.

Go on the Aldershot.

15 minutes to get to an away game would be pure class!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Welsh_Shrimperz @ April 30 2004,19:34)]Come 'On Shot! I want Aldershot to go up .... sorry Ben Smith & Dave McS.
I WANT Aldershot to go up, it would be just reward for their fans after they resurrected the club and started from the bottom again.

However I THINK Hereford will do it...

sad.gif

For totally selfish reasons, I hope Hereford get promoted to Div 3 next season, as Hereford is only like 45 minutes (ish) drive away from where I live, so its another away game I can get to!!

biggrin.gif

It would be nice to see Aldershot go up as they have had to start all over again after folding in the 90's so it would be great to see them claw their way back into the league, however I reckon it will be Hereford as they were the strongest team over the season.

Hope that Aldershot come up, remember watching them years ago against Billericay in the Ryman Premier, so they've come a fair way to now be challenging for league footy.

"And we will be, in Shrewsbury"
smile.gif

My fingers are crossed for them, if not then I hope it's Hereford.

Aldershot, to achieved what they have and being part time is amazing. However Hereford being 3rd deserve it and look strong.

Good Luck to both

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ May 02 2004,19:26)]Aldershot, to achieved what they have and being part time is amazing.
Not particularly. Aldershot Town (a completely different entity to Aldershot FC who went bust in 1992, even though they play at The Rec) are on the verge of Football League status because they have capitalised on the lack of decent successful football in the Hampshire area and drawn support both in terms of people through the turnstiles and capital from sponsors and benefactors. Granted to have achieved this ten years after joining the Isthmian League Third Division should be commended. But I don't find it "amazing". More natural progression ...

WS

Come on the Bulls, Work experience at edgar street in the early 80's is my reason.

Bruce Shrimpsteen

Born to Shrimp

Back