• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Am I a Judas

• Yes cast him out and stone him at the next home game

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • No, its perfectly normal what you have done

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • i'm with you and won money out of our defeat

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Flinty

Not a member⭐
Ever since the Spurs game on Saturday there is something niggling at the back of my mind that make me feel.....well.......a bit dirty. As you may have read in a previous thread i was entertained for the day in one of the Spurs boxes. As part of this the betting slips are readily available and all of our party took up the betting ways. As a result i also decided to place a few small bets....couple of quid of Dawson as 1st goalscorer at about 20/1 due to our fondness for conceeding at corners , spurs draw half time / full time bet. my 2 final bets were ......3:1 spurs with Freddy to score 1st at 280/1...whci i felt a little guilty at but my last was ruled by my head and not heart and i plumped for a spurs 3:1 win to which i felt a little guilty. This guilt grew when actually during the game with it poised at 3:1 and 5 minutes left the spurs keeper tried to pass the ball to Hooper to score at which point i yelled out noooooo.:(

So the thing is i collected my money, only £22 but feel a bit of a judus.....am i the only one who bet against the team or is this the norm?

I bet on Southend to win!

You should be ashamed of yourself!

Go down to the bookies NOW and bet £22 on Southend to beat Brum! Otherwise it will haunt you for good! ;)

The General regularly bets against Southend despite the beatings we give himm as a result. If we lose/he wins, he has to get the beers in!

Even if Southend played Brazil in some bizarre game I couldn't bet against them. I suggest donating that £22 to The Home for Ex-Che Wilson lookalikes....

nothing to be ashamed of, i have bet against us tonight vs Brum!!

But trust me i'd love to kiss my money goodbye, as i'm sure you have happily done on Saturday against Spurs.

Don't worry, Dave. I had £30 on Spurs to win in an effort to hex the game. I never win a bet, y'see?

Well, not until Saturday anyway....

3-2 would have been a great score, so shame on you, would have loved Hooper to have put the ball in the back of the net!

tut tut tut, betting against your own team is bad enough but yelling nooooooooooooooo when they may score!!!!!!!!!!! not good

I'm a believer that you should never bet with or against your own team.

I had Spurs 2-0 and wasnt impressed when Ghaly controlled the ball rather neatly on his arm in the area.

Back