• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

danburyshrimper

Manager
If you look at Phil Brown's managerial record , its seemingly either going really well or really badly. No half measures.

HE took Hull up into the Premiership + for a while topped the Prem , playing attacking , confident football. Then they lost a game + for some reason Brown couldnt get the team back on track + the losing run cost him his job + the total freefall led to relegation. He just couldnt stop the rot.

Look at last season , we had a wonderful winning run ( 13 games ? ) then immediately we lost and went on a club worst record of 15 matches without a win , before suddenly a fabulous run at the end almost got us up.

So Phil Brown needs to look at this + act upon it. Basically when the team wins , he is brimming , super tanned , smiling + all over the tv + media.... one big happy man. Maybe this brimming confidence feeds into the players and they believe they will keep on winning????.

When we lose Brown mumbles forlornly in front of the cameras , blaming the ref, linesmen , picks out individuals for their shortcomings + pretty much has a blame everyone else attitude. ( ok so do many managers ) However , this , i'm certain , also feeds through to the players. Negativity is a vermin. A disease that can fester . ( maybe the players themselves read Shrimperzone to read we are either awesome or useless !!!!!)

Forget a 20 goal a year striker , extended training sessions , new formations .... What Brown needs to get is a blooming good Sports Psychologist in to Boots + Laces and also into Roots Hall on match days + have a proper word with each of our players. I dont care how he does it but if someone can swing a gold watch in front of Weston's eyes + tell him he's Pele then i'm all for it.

I'm sure i ll get loads of grief on here blabla shrink blabla Eilleen Drury blablabla but what im saying in a long winded way is that Fundamentally we have an excellent set up here , great coaches , superb players + of course , the worlds best fans ..... What we are lacking is one thing , that i believe can be rectified fairly easily .......

and that one thing is CONFIDENCE .

If you look at Phil Brown's managerial record , its seemingly either going really well or really badly. No half measures.

HE took Hull up into the Premiership + for a while topped the Prem , playing attacking , confident football. Then they lost a game + for some reason Brown couldnt get the team back on track + the losing run cost him his job + the total freefall led to relegation. He just couldnt stop the rot.

Look at last season , we had a wonderful winning run ( 13 games ? ) then immediately we lost and went on a club worst record of 15 matches without a win , before suddenly a fabulous run at the end almost got us up.

So Phil Brown needs to look at this + act upon it. Basically when the team wins , he is brimming , super tanned , smiling + all over the tv + media.... one big happy man. Maybe this brimming confidence feeds into the players and they believe they will keep on winning????.

When we lose Brown mumbles forlornly in front of the cameras , blaming the ref, linesmen , picks out individuals for their shortcomings + pretty much has a blame everyone else attitude. ( ok so do many managers ) However , this , i'm certain , also feeds through to the players. Negativity is a vermin. A disease that can fester . ( maybe the players themselves read Shrimperzone to read we are either awesome or useless !!!!!)

Forget a 20 goal a year striker , extended training sessions , new formations .... What Brown needs to get is a blooming good Sports Psychologist in to Boots + Laces and also into Roots Hall on match days + have a proper word with each of our players. I dont care how he does it but if someone can swing a gold watch in front of Weston's eyes + tell him he's Pele then i'm all for it.

I'm sure i ll get loads of grief on here blabla shrink blabla Eilleen Drury blablabla but what im saying in a long winded way is that Fundamentally we have an excellent set up here , great coaches , superb players + of course , the worlds best fans ..... What we are lacking is one thing , that i believe can be rectified fairly easily .......

and that one thing is CONFIDENCE .

You mean Jeremy Kyle again don't you ........

Many players cant stand sports psychologists, they work for some but not others.

A stubborn man, I imagine for him, it'd be like an admission of his failure to motivate his own side. There's also that 'risk' of it working... Showing him up some more... Possibly - I don't know the man, just going on past interviews and incidents. (half time rant on the pitch) He took a gamble back then which thanks to the openness of the Premier League, turned out to be a major **** up and imo has never got over it and is a core reason why he's in the 4th division. He's a gamble for chairmen. That incident must still play on his mind and I do wonder if he even trusts his own decisions and convictions behind them. He's a big name manager at this level but maybe he's just too much of a loose cannon to be taken seriously... Only time will tell, 46 matches is one bloody long season so knee jerk reactions and panicking could do more harm than good. I think bringing in someone fresh to gee up the lads is a good idea. What confidence do the players have in him exactly, would be insightful.

I've lost all confidence in Brown so god knows how the players feel

It's odd. I never lost faith in either ST or PS, but I've really lost faith in PB at the moment, and this is coming from someone who is quite pro PB. His inability to change a bad run worries me.

A stubborn man, I imagine for him, it'd be like an admission of his failure to motivate his own side. There's also that 'risk' of it working... Showing him up some more... Possibly - I don't know the man, just going on past interviews and incidents. (half time rant on the pitch) He took a gamble back then which thanks to the openness of the Premier League, turned out to be a major **** up and imo has never got over it and is a core reason why he's in the 4th division. He's a gamble for chairmen. That incident must still play on his mind and I do wonder if he even trusts his own decisions and convictions behind them. He's a big name manager at this level but maybe he's just too much of a loose cannon to be taken seriously... Only time will tell, 46 matches is one bloody long season so knee jerk reactions and panicking could do more harm than good. I think bringing in someone fresh to gee up the lads is a good idea. What confidence do the players have in him exactly, would be insightful.

That's what I thought at first, but we are nearly a third of the way through the new season already and I can never remember us scoring so few goals at this stage of the season.

That's what I thought at first, but we are nearly a third of the way through the new season already and I can never remember us scoring so few goals at this stage of the season.

We had only scored 1 more last season (and we were in a similar position), yet finished in the play offs.

In contrast the year before we scored plenty more and finished well outside of the play offs.

I just commented on a different thread - exactly the same thoughts.

PB is Mr All or Mr Nothing.

Long winning runs and long losing runs.

I just commented on a different thread - exactly the same thoughts.

PB is Mr All or Mr Nothing.

Long winning runs and long losing runs.

4 games without a win, followed by 4 wins in a row, now 4 without a win. Time for 4 wins then!

Back