• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Congratulations!

Well done boys, I must admit we did have a giggle at Layer Road when you were 1-0 and 2-1 down, but you made it in the end
laugh.gif

Sincere congratulations on your promotion and maybe just maybe, we will be up there with you, if so it will be an unbelievable achievement by Parky given our resources.
Tillson and Brush have also had a second incredible season, given your ground capacity and income compared to the likes of Swansea, Huddersfield and Forest, lets hope for an Essex top 2
biggrin.gif

cheers mate, although i hate you boys, you always want to be playing your rivals, and having 2 essex teams up there next season will be wicked (and we'll have 6 points guaranteed!!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ April 29 2006,18:24)]cheers mate, although i hate you boys, you always want to be playing your rivals, and having 2 essex teams up there next season will be wicked (and we'll have 6 points guaranteed!!)
We shall see about those 6 points
mad.gif

We need one next Saturday 1st
sad.gif
biggrin.gif

I will be delighted if Col U get a point next week, be glad to see you go up____in 2nd place that is
tounge.gif

Your at home we are away, I think second place is probably our best hope, although you never know, we are both quite capable of losing it at the last minute
laugh.gif

Pressure is off us now so it would be nice to get a result last game, especially after losing last two at home.

To be honest after looking like we could throw it away just to go up is what counts. Even if we had lost today and next week Brentford have thankfully gifted us promotion anyway.

Looks like Col u should make it too, a point is realistic to get, and Brentford could well draw anyway.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ April 29 2006,18:45)]Pressure is off us now so it would be nice to get a result last game, especially after losing last two at home.

To be honest after looking like we could throw it away just to go up is what counts. Even if we had lost today and next week Brentford have thankfully gifted us promotion anyway.

Looks like Col u should make it too, a point is realistic to get, and Brentford could well draw anyway.
They have got to show Martin Allens reaction to the Hartlepool equaliser, I would not have wanted to be in that dressing room after the game
laugh.gif

good luck col u next week i will be chuffed if we are 1st and you lot are 2nd.Let physco Allen scrap it out in the play offs.

Thanks for your recent post Col******r and proud.Good luck to you also and I hope you make it.This is what football should be about rivalry yes, passion yes, hatred no, there is no place for it in football.

Cheers lads, I am a bit long in the tooth for hatred , I am just full of admiration for both of our managers and players, what a season it has been, regardless of if we go up or not.

Obviously a man after my own heart Col U feel we should be chewing the fat over games from the early 70's, you have performed miracles hope they continue

As much as you won't belive i mean it - Well done, Congrats etc etc.
I Just pray we can get a point next week.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GodblessArthurRowley @ April 29 2006,19:24)]Obviously a man after my own heart Col U feel we should be chewing the fat over games from the early 70's, you have performed miracles hope they continue
From your board name I guessed you were a long time fan mate, my first game was 1958
laugh.gif
(I was only 5 though!)
Seen almost every home game and many away games since I left school and earned my own money in 1969, Billy Best used to scare the you know what out of me
biggrin.gif

Having a severe bout of old codger syndrome Col U. Those were indeed the days.Must go for a sanotogen injection.Once again good luck and hope you join us in The Championship.

Heres an omen, last time we went up into Div 2 / Championship we led the league for a long period, lost 1-0 last game of the season and ended up second to a local rival beginning C United.

Lets see what happens next weekend!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ April 29 2006,20:21)]Heres an omen, last time we went up into Div 2 / Championship we led the league for a long period, lost 1-0 last game of the season and ended up second to a local rival beginning C United.

Dont mention Cambridge!

Ooops
biggrin.gif

I'd like to see Col U join us, if only for the fact there fans come on here with some decent banter.
remember the Orient fans? idiots who just couldn't deal with us being better last season.
I'd take second place, cause we're up, but I thinlk our players will enjoy the day next week and we've always played best when the players are relaxed and enjoying the game.

I'm drained. Awesome.

EDIT [ Can't believe I've said that.... I demand the TITLE !!!!
alien.gif
]

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Heres an omen, last time we went up into Div 2 / Championship we led the league for a long period, lost 1-0 last game of the season and ended up second to a local rival beginning C United.

If they pip us to Title, look what happen to Cambridge now .... who know what happen in 15 year time
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GodblessArthurRowley @ April 29 2006,19:12)]Thanks for your recent post Col******r and proud.Good luck to you also and I hope you make it.This is what football should be about rivalry yes, passion yes, hatred no, there is no place for it in football.
Can I just associate myself with that post and it's sentiments?

Well done C&P and col u (and Tr0ublegum - where is he?) and (limited!) good luck for next week.

Back