• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

onceknownasrab

President
It would be churlish not to acknowledge Colchester United being awarded The Football League Family Club of the Year. An award to be proud of. Of course it should have read Small family club of the year but lets not begrudge them their one and only success this season. I suppose it must have been easier to be a family club when all the supporters are related. One club, one family.

I digress. Truly well done Colchester United. It must be something to be able to convince people, families, that your 'jewel in the crown' ground is a destination for entertainment seekers. Still, as I am often reminded, size isn't everything.

A great effort from a league one club and now they can emulate it next season in league two and the follow season in the conference. Ha that would be a hat-trick, remember those Col U?

UTB

I had heard that at a recent home drubbing, the players were sad to see half the crowd walking out after an hour. However, they had only gone to the loo and both came back shortly afterwards.

It would be churlish not to acknowledge Colchester United being awarded The Football League Family Club of the Year. An award to be proud of. Of course it should have read Small family club of the year but lets not begrudge them their one and only success this season. I suppose it must have been easier to be a family club when all the supporters are related. One club, one family.

I digress. Truly well done Colchester United. It must be something to be able to convince people, families, that your 'jewel in the crown' ground is a destination for entertainment seekers. Still, as I am often reminded, size isn't everything.

A great effort from a league one club and now they can emulate it next season in league two and the follow season in the conference. Ha that would be a hat-trick, remember those Col U?

UTB

Southend's best claim to be a family club was some while back when Vic Jobson employed all his family in one capacity or other !

I still remember their chants on April 2007, when we was 3-0 down "what that over the hill? Relegation is coming!" Spring to my mind, I can't wait for this Saturday when their relegation is officially confirmed! :happy::thumbsup:

Or perhaps "Blues up Col Ewe down" to the tune of Knees up Mother Brown. Today could be just the day for this little ditty.

Back