• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Congratulations Concord Rangers

Thorpe Groyney

Open your mind
There was at least one good news story this season in South Essex. Well done Concord Rangers on winning promotion to the Ryman League Premier Division.

They beat Enfield Town 3-1 at Thames Road this afternoon in the their play-off final in front of a crowd of well over 700.

Just a couple of seasons ago they were plying their trade at places such as Hullbridge Sports and London APSA. Now they're just one step from Conference football, an incredible achievement.

And spare a thought for Canvey Island. Just over five years ago their ex-chairman, jeff King, said their avowed aim was to become the number one side in South Essex at the turn of this decade. Now they're not even the number one team in Canvey!

Well done to all at Concord on a superb achievement.

Went past their ground today on my driving lesson. Good to hear about them getting promoted. Best of luck to them. How did Canvey do?

Last edited:
Went past their ground today on my driving lesson. Good to hear about them getting promoted. Best of luck to them. How did Canvey do?

Bit of a strange road to have a driving lesson down. Did you practice a 3 point turn at the gates of the sewage works which are just past the ground.

Well done Concord they gave Southend a good game in the Essex Senior Cup 2 seasons ago.

Great to hear that. Concrod's ground is very close to my Mum's place so sometimes pop along to see them when I'm down on the Island. I wish them well.

Back