• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Congratulations Darryl!

Southampton Shrimper

Team Eggheads
Earlier today, Darryl put pen to paper and signed his marriage certificate.

Yes, he finally tied the knot with his missus.

The ceremony took place this afternoon at Romsey Abbey in Hampshire. The couple were blessed with a gloriously sunny day as a modest number of friends and family gathered to celebrate the wedding.

Your correspondent was on hand to witness the comings and goings. Ever the gentleman that he is, Darryl greeted me warmly as he strode purposefully off to the church and even had a quick chat with me as his car was moving slowly away from the venue. I was wearing my Southend shirt so he couldn't miss me!

After the service, the party then moved on to a swish venue near Winchester for the reception, where I am sure the celebrations are still in full swing. Darryl certainly indicated to me that he was planning on having plenty to drink tonight!

The funniest moment of the day for me was watching Darryl's best man, Kevin Davies, stall his car as he tried to park it and then get told by some random woman that he couldn't park it there (right by the entrance to the churchyard and right behind her car!) so he then had to park it further down the lane!

So, congratulations Darryl on your big day!

:clap:

If I can work it out, I will stick a couple of pictures up...

Last edited:
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

No, that's the car he left in.

How do I get the photo to be full size on a post?

Can anyone help pleassssssssssse????????

I'm so useless with photos on this site!!

No, that's the car he left in.

How do I get the photo to be full size on a post?

Can anyone help pleassssssssssse????????

I'm so useless with photos on this site!!

Doesn't matter all people have to do is click on the picture and it will be enlarged. If you have anymore pics email them across to *email address now removed :P * and I will sort it out for you.

Last edited:
Do I spy Mr Bradbury in the last photo?? They are just uploading now should be about 5 mins max.

Yup, Mr Bradbury was the only other Shrimper, past or present, there for the ceremony that I could see. Even though he was standing right by me when I took the photo, I don't think he noticed me, but a little later on in town he was coming out of WH Smith and I almost walked into him, so he did say "Alright, mate!" then!!

Captions for the photos could probably go as follows:

Photo 1

Great! We're alone at last!

Photo 2

Look, there's a nutter sitting on that wall with a Southend shirt, let's pretend we've not noticed him!

Photo 3

Darryl: OK, I'd better talk to the nutter
Missus: Driver, will you please get this car moving and away from here

Answer.

I found out about it from a local source and went to it as it's only up the road from me, had nothing else on and actually thought I might see a few more players there.

Where's the honeymoon? Maybe you could still get a flight out there.

Mark Mac

Congratulations Darryl to you and to your new other half!

Hope your have a great night, just make sure you do not catch the brides bouquet. ;)

Back