• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rigoglioso

Just a quick post to say Congratulations here from Donny Rovers too, as you f****n deserve promotion, and credit has to go to your gaffer Steve Tilson who has done a remarkable job. (I can't describe in words how much of an amazing job he has done with you, and you really do deserve promotion).

At the start of this season, I think most of you would have been happy to just finish above the drop zone (forgive me if I'm wrong there), but Steve Tilson has done fantastic, and with the shrewd signing of Freddie Eastwood, he has turned you into a real force to be reckoned with. I think at one point you had a run of something like one defeat in eighteen games
rock.gif
?

I'm not sure how you'll get on in League One, but if you perform like how you have done this season, then you should be ok, and do reasonably well. I've found with Donny this season, that it took us about a dozen games to find our feet, and then we did bloody well. When we played you last (in early 2004) I admit to being rather arrogant ahead of the game, and expecting an easy Rovers win, but next year I feel it will be a lot closer, and it certainly won't be any easy game.

Good luck to you next season, enjoy the moment, and I already look forward to meeting you again next season. It just shows what happen's though when Steve Wignall leaves teams (when Wignall left Rovers, he was replaced by Dave Penney who took us from nowhere to League One, and since he left you guys, Tilson has come in and got you promoted in his first full season).

Cheers

Andy

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rigoglioso @ May 29 2005,11:08)]Just a quick post to say Congratulations here from Donny Rovers too, as you f****n deserve promotion, and credit has to go to your gaffer Steve Tilson who has done a remarkable job. (I can't describe in words how much of an amazing job he has done with you, and you really do deserve promotion).

At the start of this season, I think most of you would have been happy to just finish above the drop zone (forgive me if I'm wrong there), but Steve Tilson has done fantastic, and with the shrewd signing of Freddie Eastwood, he has turned you into a real force to be reckoned with. I think at one point you had a run of something like one defeat in eighteen games
rock.gif
?

I'm not sure how you'll get on in League One, but if you perform like how you have done this season, then you should be ok, and do reasonably well. I've found with Donny this season, that it took us about a dozen games to find our feet, and then we did bloody well. When we played you last (in early 2004) I admit to being rather arrogant ahead of the game, and expecting an easy Rovers win, but next year I feel it will be a lot closer, and it certainly won't be any easy game.

Good luck to you next season, enjoy the moment, and I already look forward to meeting you again next season. It just shows what happen's though when Steve Wignall leaves teams (when Wignall left Rovers, he was replaced by Dave Penney who took us from nowhere to League One, and since he left you guys, Tilson has come in and got you promoted in his first full season).

Cheers

Andy
thanks matey,
couldnt agree more!

Back