• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Congratulations to ex shrimpers

maninasuitcase

President
In sort of an order:

Michael Kightly - Championship winners medal, PFA championship team of the season.

Chris Powell - League 1 winners medal
Kierra Gilbert - League 1 winners medal

Charlie McDonald - League 2 winners medal

Promotions to Leon Johnson, Lewis Hunt, Matt Harrold at Wycombe

Play-offs (to be decided)
Royce and Bentley at the Gills
Hooper at Scunthorpe
Sodjie at Bury
D'Sane at Torquay

Play-offs (Out)
Welch at Histon
Cole at Stevenage
Danny Gay, James Lawson and Lawrie Dudfield at Chelmsford

Also, Leon Cort, Junior Stanilas and Robert Milson made their premier league debuts.

Liam Feeney secured a professional contract at Bournemouth.

I'm sure there are others I've missed.

Mark Salter, top scored for Frome with 37 goals, to win the Western League runners-up trophy, Frome's highest placing for 25 years.

Well done to Royce, Richards and Bentley for reaching the league 2 play-off final. Ex trialist, Al Jarrett was an unused sub.

Unfortunately they won't be joined by Sodje and Barry-Murphy after Bury lost 4-3 on penalties to Shrewsbury in the other semi.

Not sure if Mitchel Cole got a winners medal for the FA Trophy. Hoops probably got a runners up in the JPT.

Congratulations also in order to Mark Stimson for getting Gillingham to Wembley for the League 2 Play Off Final and all the various SUFC players that are on the staff there.

Congratulations go to Roscoe D'Sane after his Torquay side won promotion back to L2.

Unfortunately, D'Sane didn't play in the play-off final against Cambridge United after getting injured late in the regular season.

And congratulations to Lars Unger, whose team have run away with the championship in the Bremen League this season.

There is only one match left to be played in that league this season, and it takes place at 6.00pm UK time this Tuesday, when the Champions SV Brinkum play away to Schwachhausen. Brinkum, for whom Unger has made a number of appearances this season, are unbeaten in the league with 24 wins and 3 draws from their 27 matches. In their last game they won 7-2 and a win on Tuesday night will leave them with a 16-point winning margin over the second-placed team.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Sorry, my mistake, that wasn't the last game of the season on Tuesday night. Brinkum won 4-0 by the way, but they still have two games left. Their final home game is tomorrow night and the last game is the following Friday, 6 June.

Just realised I hadn't updated this.

Surprise, surprise Brinkum won their last match, winning 6-0 away at the team that finished bottom of their league. So their season record ends up as played 30, won 27, drawn 3 lost 0. Goals for 108, goals against 14. They won the league by 16 points.

Well done, Lars.

Congratulations also in order to Mark Stimson for getting Gillingham to Wembley for the League 2 Play Off Final and all the various SUFC players that are on the staff there.

Stimson was sh*te for Southend, always injured. I'm not we ever won a match when he played. He was the Gareth Bale of the mid 90s.

No congrats from me, simply a 'hope we smash your two-bob outfit off the park home and away next season'.

Back