• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
On the back of his completing the 92 and the publication of his book, winning the Fan of the Year Award at the End of Season Gala Dinner last night!

Great stuff! :clap:

Superb effort SS. you do us proud!
I ended up getting a mention in a book by another bloke who was undertaking the same incredible task. Me and a Mate who is a Spurs fan, set off one lunchtime to drive up to Newcastle for the evening match against Spurs. It was a cracker, Newcastle won 4-3 and Klinsmann scored to good goals for Spurs. We happened to sit next to the chap doing all the grounds, he said some nice stuff about Southern nutters who wouldnt get back home until 5 in the morning.
What I remember most . aprt from his terrific effort , like Suffolk Shrimpers, was the extraordinary great warmth and reception we got from the G

Ooops sorry !! to conclude...We got from the Geordies, lots of back slapping and handshakes all the way out of the ground and someway down the motorway!

Cheers OBL and all. I suspect no one else got nominated so I was in. I had no idea what my mates and son were up to, first I knew was when the call came from the club last Weds. Perhaps the best bit was me presenting Jack Payne with Fans Player of The Year Runner Up award, I suspect that was a set up to get a pic of the tallest and the smallest in the room.

Cheers OBL and all. I suspect no one else got nominated so I was in. I had no idea what my mates and son were up to, first I knew was when the call came from the club last Weds. Perhaps the best bit was me presenting Jack Payne with Fans Player of The Year Runner Up award, I suspect that was a set up to get a pic of the tallest and the smallest in the room.

You do yourself a disservice. There were definitely other nominations!

Many congratulations again SS.

Out of curiosity (and knowing zilch about publishing) could you realistically contact the publishers (or who ever?) and add the photographs of you winning/presenting the awards at the gala last night to your book? or is that some kind of legal paperwork (forgive the pun) nightmare to edit / add or retract once the formalities have been concluded.

Also may I congratulate you on your first 5 star review on Amazon...... And from a Leeds United Fan !!... I'm sure there will be many more to follow.

All the best, and I look forward to reading it, whilst on a Greek sunbed next week.

Many congratulations again SS.

Out of curiosity (and knowing zilch about publishing) could you realistically contact the publishers (or who ever?) and add the photographs of you winning/presenting the awards at the gala last night to your book? or is that some kind of legal paperwork (forgive the pun) nightmare to edit / add or retract once the formalities have been concluded.

Also may I congratulate you on your first 5 star review on Amazon...... And from a Leeds United Fan !!... I'm sure there will be many more to follow.

All the best, and I look forward to reading it, whilst on a Greek sunbed next week.

Cheers.

Yep, adding in some pics to the book would be a bit of a nightmare and cost me a bit. I'll settle for adding something to the book website when I can wake my son up to do it.

That Amazon review, yep pleased with that. I do confess to knowing him (he did his 92 at Roots in March so just before me), but he 100% would not have given me a good rating had he not like the book (he is a decent chap so would have just stayed silent had he not liked it

I'll buy a copy of the book mate... unless there's likely to be a spare copy or two in your motor when you next take me to some god-forsaken dump in the far North :)

Well done on the 92 by the way. Out of interest, when did you start writing the book? You kept that quiet.

See you next season?

I'll buy a copy of the book mate... unless there's likely to be a spare copy or two in your motor when you next take me to some god-forsaken dump in the far North :)

Well done on the 92 by the way. Out of interest, when did you start writing the book? You kept that quiet.

See you next season?

Cheers Andy, started writing the book in October - wasn't sure at the start whether it would work but I enjoyed doing it and set myself a target of writing up one ground a day which i pretty much stuck to. Got a few folk too to read through the chapters as I did them to give me their views and got encouraged by that. Having a mate who'd done the self publishing thing before helped to.

Suggest you get it now - folk will otherwise be reading about you in the Meadow Lane section and coming up to you in the High Street to talk to you about it - you need to be prepared! Your grandson also gets an un-named reference for another trip.

No doubt will get together for a northern dump trip early next season tho

Back