• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Congratulations to Tilly et al

CC51DAS

President
Still buzzing after watching a scintillating match at Ipswich last night .Great skill , commitment and some great goals from both teams

Congratulations are due to Tilly Brushy Deano and his team for producing a Southend United RESERVE side that can play such quality passing football , on comparitively small resources.

It really shows how far we have come and the effort that is being put in behind the scenes .

Pass it on please Scriv , if you can .

I didn't see the game last night but i can remember all to clearly some of the sides we used to put out under Newman , full of trialists who could barely pass a ball , one paper it does look a though we have got some decent strength in dept for this standard which is pleasing seeing as Ipswich won the res league last season.

Congrats boys

I didn't see the game last night but i can remember all to clearly some of the sides we used to put out under Newman , full of trialists who could barely pass a ball , one paper it does look a though we have got some decent strength in dept for this standard which is pleasing seeing as Ipswich won the res league last season.

Congrats boys

Isn't the whole idea of the reserves to give trialists a go though?

Isn't the whole idea of the reserves to give trialists a go though?

That's what i thought. Does it really matter how the reserves do, mostly it must be about players get match practise or Tilly having a look at trialists.

Do remember one game where Eastwood was just back from serving a ban and we started with Freddy and Wayne Gray up front against Stevenage.

That's what i thought. Does it really matter how the reserves do, mostly it must be about players get match practise or Tilly having a look at trialists.

Do remember one game where Eastwood was just back from serving a ban and we started with Freddy and Wayne Gray up front against Stevenage.

IMO having a strong reserve set up and squad is very important, as if the players in the First 11 think that one bad performance can mean that they end up getting replaced by a squad player that is performing well for the stiffs then surely it will keep them on their toes.

Back in the Newman days it didn't matter how bad our first 11 played as they knew that there was no player in the reserves capable of taken their place , and like i said earlier it showed !!!!

Back in the Newman days it didn't matter how bad our first 11 played as they knew that there was no player in the reserves capable of taken their place , and like i said earlier it showed !!!!

That's because Newman never found anyone "better than we already have". That included Leon Knight who we had on trial, and was easily the best player on the pitch away at Millwall. And even if Newman didn't think he was better, so long as he wan't worse then he was worth having so that he created competition.

So what happened to trialist, Albert Jarrett? One brilliant reserve game & nothing more is heard?

Back