• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

danburyshrimper

Manager
CONGRATULATIONS to James Walker -- Classy performance ran Orient defence ragged .... changed the game in our favour with his mazy runs -- the only player in our squad who can take a man on and beat him... and if that goal had been scored by Kaka / Robinho etc Sky sports would be going crazy + play it every 5 mins for the next month .... Give him an extra cheer on saturday -- with boosted confidence this lad could be brilliant.

CONGRATULAIONS to Frank Moussa -- i've never been a fan of his but i take my hat off to him -- pure class + totally bossed the middle of the park once he was released from that left midfiled role -- once he bulks out he will be a superb player.

CONGRATULATIONS to Simon Francis -- He looks a classy centre back , won every header, timed tackles perfectly , distribution was good + never looked like he was daydreaming once !!!! ( Shame about his right back cover though)

CONGRATULATIONS to all the Blues fans who stuck with the team for 96 minutes last night ... it felt like a victory at the end didnt it ? Blue army !!! Our passionate away support needs to be transferred across to the masses at Roots Hall + we can give our youngsters encouragement + build up team spirit. Let's face it we ain't going up - we ain't going down but what we do have is several excellent kids coming through the ranks + this is the perfect chance to give them experience so that next year we can get right up there.... I'd much rather cheer on enthusiastic youngsters giving 100% than panic buying the likes of a Ricketts again.

and finally CONGRATULATIONS to Matt Harrold who was a paying Blues supporter last night cheering us on + singing along with us ... he really is a blues fan + didnt deserve the treatment he got from many at roots hall.

UP THE BLUES !!!

Walker was absolutley brilliant last night. If only we could that out of him regularly. Felt sorry for him at the end he was almost scared to come over to the fans cause of the constant abuse he usually gets at home games. Well done Jimmy!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seen his goal a couple of times on Sky and its a screamer.

Walker doesn't deserve the stick he gets, I hope with Revell's injury and Freedman's injury he grabs the chance up front with both hands.

Strangely enough I was thinking of starting a very similar thread, and I agree with every word of this one.

Francis really does look a different player at centre-back. You'd think with his lapses in concentration he'd be a liability in that position but he was fantastic last night. Although he was in woeful form before Christmas, he's fast becoming a very useful utility player and has now played in four different positions (five if you include a cameo up front against Ipswich, in which he scored).

I'm really happy for Moussa, who was, in my opinion, unfairly out of the picture before his loan to Wycombe. He appears to have bulked up, which is great news as he can now enjoy his passing game without being knocked off the ball so easily.

James Walker saved us last night and shoved his critics' words down their throats. Quite why he gets so much abuse is beyond me because it's obvious he has bags of potential and I'm quite sure he will fulfill it - I just hope it's with us. He gives us another dimension with his pacey runs and trickery and before he came on last night we looked utterly clueless going forward. Let's hope this boosts his confidence and he gets a run of games, whether up front or out wide.

Those who booed James Walker apart (thankfully only a minority), I was pleasantly surprised by our fans, who kept encouraging the team throughout and didn't turn after Orient's early goal. Let's hope we can keep up that attitude and help the team get back into form. Shame I didn't see Matt Harrold as I would have given him a pat on the back for his efforts with us. He deserved better than the barracking he got from the stands during his time with us and I'm delighted he's doing well at Wycombe.

Thank god a thread I have enjoyed reading while Iā€™m at lunch...

Well said.....

Like to say Southend Fans all 1065 of you (well done) were the loudest I have heard for a long time on Radio

At last James Walker gets people off his back and is able to show us what he can do. He deserves his chance and apart from Revell's work rate he is the striker on form and deserves to be starting on saturday. Well done Jimmy!!

Thank god a thread I have enjoyed reading while Iā€™m at lunch...

Well said.....

Like to say Southend Fans all 1065 of you (well done) were the loudest I have heard for a long time on Radio

Similarly, thank God a thread that raised a smile on my return from work! And good for Harrold too, never my cup of tea but gave his all, blood included.

from what i heard about francis on the commentary last night general play at centre back was ok but lacks a bit of nous and knowledge and is far far from the answer at centre back and a better opposition would have showed up his faults alot more, according to Paul Clark.

Im afraid he's just not good enough, and should be sold now or released at the end of the season, he's had ample opportunity to prove he is league 1 standard but im afraid there are many clubs in league 2 who i suspect wouldnt go near him.

Bring back Hunt!

Back