• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Conor Clifford and Julian Bennett complete transfers to Southend United

Evening Echo

The News
CONOR Clifford and Julian Bennett have both completed moves to Southend United and will be available for Saturday's clash against Plymouth Argyle.

More...

Would like to see some pace up top. Not sure why we have signed Bennett when we have Coker prosser and
barker who can all play left back.up

Maybe barker is the person we have received an offer for? That why we may have signed Bennett? Or will he be playing centre half?

He doesn't play centre back. Coker looks good so I'm not sure such a player is best on the bench. Here's hoping we Sign forte as Freddys legs look shot.

What a top class signing and a top class ball player. Team is shaping up nicely

Would like to see some pace up top. Not sure why we have signed Bennett when we have Coker prosser and
barker who can all play left back.up

Never rated Prosser at left-back, far better CB and keep him there and let him develop as a CB rather than keep moving him

Barker wasn't good enough for left-back last season, not quick enough and easily beaten on far too many occossions, so back-up CB for me, which only leave Coker

Therefore we have signed a back-up left-back who can also play in the center

Well done PB. Squad shaping up nicely with options across most positions. Really liked what I saw of Clifford in the QPR game -looks a quality signing.

Clifford sounds like an exciting prospect, we do need to remember that he is relatively inexperienced. he has only played a hand full of matches during various loan spells.

I am hoping he good be the best of the signing along with extended contract for Bentley.

Certainly a good news day!

Must say I have no complaints about any of the signings, maybe a ? Over Reid. Thing that's impressed me most is that he has signed players on contract and not dipped into the loan market. The players therefore have a belonging and will to do well, rather than players that have no tie to the club, guess we should thank RM as well in that respect. Would defo like to see one more come in preferably Forte or a similar type striker, as I don't feel we are strong enough in this area. Other than that pleased with PB work over the summer under difficult circumstances. Roll on Saturday now, shame I'm on hols and going to miss it. Utb

Comment about Bennett from a Forest mate of mine - "He was a good left back but got a serious knee injury & never got back in the side. 100% commitment - the type supporters like." Sounds promising

Yea Bennett was a real fans favourite at forest but he was out for about 2 years so lets hope he isnt too affected by that. He started his career as a centre back I believe but converted to left back. Can get forward quite well also.

Clifford look like a player that is not afraid to shoot, this is what we needed! We didn't have that sort of player last season!

Back