• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yeah the very same player who has been highly prolific scoring 5 league goals in 43 appearances!

Alan Shearer in his first full season played 10 times and scored 0 goals, the year after he scored 3 goals in 26 games, the year after 4 goals in 36 games. Im sure you would have slated him too.

Not all players are the finished article at 20 years old.

Alan Shearer in his first full season played 10 times and scored 0 goals, the year after he scored 3 goals in 26 games, the year after 4 goals in 36 games. Im sure you would have slated him too.

He clearly wasn't hungry enough then! :winking:

If only they'd played him in a 4-4-2 with Williams...

Which is why they have to have secret clauses in their contracts to ensure they play every game.

I read the Evening Echo today regarding Mr Brown talking on Conor Clifford.He said 10/12 games he was great I couldn't leave him out the side.after the Luton game he went of the boil like most players that day. He had 1 bad game out of 12 then never got back in the side,I think Mr Brown made the choice out of Connor Clifford and Jack Payne and he chose Jack Payne.Mr Brown was wright in saying he needs to kick start his carrer again with another club.Lets hope Mr Brown:omg:has to eats his words.

If he stuck with Clifford and dropped Payne I think you would have just started a thread called "Jack Payne" and the first post would have been...

"I would much like to see Jack Payne back in the side. He was playing well just another player left out in the cold again.
thumbs%20up%20new%20aug%202010.gif
"

Maybe after being dropped he showed a really crap attitude and Brown didn't like it?

so could it be that shrimperzone has inadvertently cut short cliffords southend career?

the clamour at the time was for payne to play and a lot of pressure was put on brown by the fans (many of which are on here). hes said before he felt it was one or the other other in midfield, and so when he felt he had to release some of the pressure on himself by putting payne in, thus moving clifford out of the side.

So could it be that Shrimperzone has inadvertently cut short Clifford's Southend career?

The clamour at the time was for Payne to play and a lot of pressure was put on Brown by the fans (many of which are on here). He has said before he felt it was one or the other other in midfield and so when he felt he had to release some of the pressure on himself by putting Payne in, thus moving Clifford out of the side.

The idea that Phil Brown (or any of the management team) takes any notice of the twaddle on here is quite a stupendous idea that had me rocking with giggles on my chair (RWGOMC as the young people say).

Hash tag: Brownmakeshisowndecisionsandthatiswhatheispaidfor

So some want to dig out Cassidy already, whilst forgetting that we have nine points from the three starts

Presumably those people would also point out that we weren't winning any of the three games at the time when he was subbed. Two of them we won because BBBC came on, the third we got a dodgy penalty.

Ha! That's England u21 and championship regular Cauley Woodrow yea?

I don't care what he's done elsewhere since. He didn't do the business for us. That's the thing about loanees. They are are short term fixes and he's a short term fix that didn't work. Therefore it's a failure. I'm happy to give the likes of Bolger more time to come good because he's ours for another 18 months and maybe beyond. We get the upside of any growing pains. We don't with loanees.

This is why we shouldn't rely on loanees.

I'm happy to give the likes of Bolger more time to come good because he's ours for another 18 months and maybe beyond. We get the upside of any growing pains. We don't with loanees.

What he says, innit bruv. :thumbsup:

Hash tag: Playourowntalentwherepossible

Presumably those people would also point out that we weren't winning any of the three games at the time when he was subbed. Two of them we won because BBBC came on, the third we got a dodgy penalty.

I don't care what he's done elsewhere since. He didn't do the business for us. That's the thing about loanees. They are are short term fixes and he's a short term fix that didn't work. Therefore it's a failure. I'm happy to give the likes of Bolger more time to come good because he's ours for another 18 months and maybe beyond. We get the upside of any growing pains. We don't with loanees.

I tend to think the only real beneficiaries of the loan system are the big clubs - Harry Kane / Spurs scenario at best

anyway talking player judgement must say Tilson was fairly good if you look at the level his players ended up at

I tend to think the only real beneficiaries of the loan system are the big clubs.

All clubs can (note use of the word "can") benefit but overall I completely agree that the real (and biggest) beneficiaries are the clubs with the largest budgets.

The loan system is, for me, out of control - look at the number of loans taking place just in our division last week. Madness.

My view is that the loan system needs to be overhauled with a view to cutting the number of loans taking place over any given season. This will see more talent at lower levels and more money flowing from the top divisions to lower divisions as they purchase players who are showing promise.

Back