• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yes, good luck to him. Something must have happened to fall so spectacularly out of favour.

He was deservedly Player of the Month for August, I refuse to believe his performance fell so drastically.

Why is he trialling at a club who know him really well? When I saw him play he was technically decent but a complete headless chicken. We had too many midfielders at the start of the season (which probably upset Clifford due to lack of opportunities) and brown wanted to go with Payne, rather than the ill disciplined clifford

Plus, shrimpers trust ptlayer of the month is pretty meaningless.

Reading that its more about not having enough squad spaces for him. Seem to be very limited on amount of players they can have there.

But still - not good enough. Think Martin Allen is being as nice as possible and sugar coated it a bit.

A mate of mine is a Barnet fan and he loved Clifford. Said he was hugely popular down there.

He was hugely popular here for some reason.

I thought he was really poor.

Because many football fans (not just on sz) overvalue things like 'hard work', energy, combativeness and tough tackles, and underrate things like discipline, efficiency, awareness and simplicity.

Clifford seemed to be good to ok at the overvalued things, and poor at the undervalued things. He was also a complete liability.

He scored from outside the box, thats what many will judge a midfielder on.

3 in 28 starts and 14 sub appearances is hardly prolific.

Leonard got 5 in 44 starts and 3 sub appearances last season and everyone was moaning about him.

Conor Clifford on Trial at Daggers

Conor Clifford is on trial for Dagenham&Redbridge tonight in their game against Wealdstone.

Best of luck to him.

Because many football fans (not just on sz) overvalue things like 'hard work', energy, combativeness and tough tackles, and underrate things like discipline, efficiency, awareness and simplicity.

Clifford seemed to be good to ok at the overvalued things, and poor at the undervalued things. He was also a complete liability.

Opening day away at Accrington he was miles ahead of any other player on that pitch. There is talent there, no question!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strange. I rated him too. But if we kick him out and he can't get a deal at Barnet and he's now trialling at Dagenham it looks like he's not as good as at first thought. A bit of the Lee Sawyers here.

Has now signed for Boreham Wood on a one year deal. All the best, Conor.

Back