• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

blueveined

Manager
Dundalk FCVerified account ‏@DundalkFC 3h Dundalk FC are delighted to announce the arrival of Conor Clifford. The midfielder joins us from Boreham Wood.

From Boreham wood that's an upwards move in my opinion. Dundalk did tremendously to get Europa league and shocked and worried some decent European sides.

Found this interesting article about Conor just after he moved back to Eire.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...eality-of-professional-football-35379580.html

In hindsight I think he regrets signing for us. Thinks he should have stayed and tried to get a contract at Leicester.

Quote from the article "Still he played regularly for over a year until a humbling defeat at Luton led to a dressing room meltdown from Brown. ' He came in saying we had bottled it and that he was going to change our style of play, that he was known as a long ball manager and was going to play that way' recalls Clifford. The 5'6" midfielder was surplus to requirements and didn't start another match for the club.

I thought he had the makings of a decent intelligent footballer good at finding space and making things happen. Let's hope going home to Eire works out for him.

If only Brown could control his dressing room meltdowns when we get beaten he might be a half decent manager.

Interesting and certainly goes along with the stories we've heard since.

Liked Clifford when he was here and surprised he hasn't got a break elsewhere in the EFL since, certainly think he could do a job in League 2 at least.

Got the impression he was almost one of those players who was always a bit too 'tiki-taka' in style on the ball for many managers' liking at that level which has clearly cost him. And his disciplinary record probably didn't help.

I liked him, thought he had some tenacity about him, but he was never a Brown type of player.

PB had high hopes for Clifford. I'm told he had a problem taking on board instructions and you certainly won't last long with PB in charge if that's the case. Lots of posts at the time saying he would flourish under a different manger, as there usually is when someone leaves. Looks like PB was right.

PB had high hopes for Clifford. I'm told he had a problem taking on board instructions and you certainly won't last long with PB in charge if that's the case. Lots of posts at the time saying he would flourish under a different manger, as there usually is when someone leaves. Looks like PB was right.

I can't remember who it was against but that did seem to be the case when Brown absolutely bollocked him for doing his headless chicken act

Wasted career...terrible attitude...some talent yes but that's worthless without the right attitude IMO

If only Brown could control his dressing room meltdowns when we get beaten he might be a half decent manager.

Exactly. That bloke Ferguson was the same apparently with his 'hairdryer' treatment, and what's he ever won?

An interesting conclusion even by your standards.

Personally I thought Clifford was dire.

Back