• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Consortium / more revelations about monday

Firestorm

Pedant
A few snippets from a story in todays paper.

In court on Monday RM accused Alan Gershlick (have i seen that surname on here before ??) of Being involved in the consortium because of a grudge against the club going back to the 80's

The court was told that work on the stadium will start in the next 12 months (my guess is that this was a response to a question linked to "what about after that" after the statement that Sainsburys will offer financial support for the next year)

I expect Elstree to be on later , with a response to RM's comments about the consortiums solicitor, Solicitors stick together y'see

A few snippets from a story in todays paper.

In court on Monday RM accused Alan Gershlick (have i seen that surname on here before ??) of Being involved in the consortium because of a grudge against the club going back to the 80's

The court was told that work on the stadium will start in the next 12 months (my guess is that this was a response to a question linked to "what about after that" after the statement that Sainsburys will offer financial support for the next year)

I expect Elstree to be on later , with a response to RM's comments about the consortiums solicitor, Solicitors stick together y'see

And so it begins to make sense...

Gershlick was the clubs solicitor in the 1970s and 1980s but was "sacked" by Jobson. I have no doubt that he probably does hold a grudge but like so many, it is more than likely against Jobson and his kind who have systematically screwed the club over the last 25 years! I would imagine Gershlick to be a staunch Southend fan who, simply doesnt trust Martin!

I thought it was fairly evident that Gershlick was involved with the Consortium... Being their representative and sitting on the board of GSC Property.

It was the "Grudge" which was the news , the name Gershlick has been around a lot

I see... If he was sacked by Jobson, is there any particular reason why Gershlick would, directly or indirectly, have a grudge against Martin aside from his running of the club? A property deal RM was involved in, perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gershlick was the clubs solicitor in the 1970s and 1980s but was "sacked" by Jobson. I have no doubt that he probably does hold a grudge but like so many, it is more than likely against Jobson and his kind who have systematically screwed the club over the last 25 years! I would imagine Gershlick to be a staunch Southend fan who, simply doesnt trust Martin!

I've been a supporter since 1953 Ian and the Club was being systematically screwed then!

By the way, I met your late father on several occasions ... top bloke!

Back