• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Consortium now is your time

If you have any power,any money,any love of Southend United now is the time for you to show it.This Football Club is dying,we have heard much of a consortium that can save it.
I would urge you all to come forward now before it is too late,and make Ron Martin an offer he really can't refuse.
Or are your words just so many empty promises that we, just nobody football fans, who love our club have heard many many times before.This our/your last chance to save this club before it becomes extinct please act now.

as they themselves stated they will only step in if southend go into administration, with ron in charge this will not happen, he and his cronies cannot afford to accept 10p in every pound the club owe him

I know they will be releasing a statement shortly. (probably tomorrow)

any idea of the nature of statement

I wouldn't know the full details, nothing ground breaking as far as i am aware. But i'm sure it's better than what RM will be saying.

as they themselves stated they will only step in if southend go into administration, with ron in charge this will not happen, he and his cronies cannot afford to accept 10p in every pound the club owe him

Unfortunately we haven't got time for semantics,we will not be able to fulfill our fixtures with a squad of only 7 players no manager,and not much else.If we dont sort this out within the next couple of weeks the club is gone.The consortium if they actually exist have to act now.

I wouldn't know the full details, nothing ground breaking as far as i am aware. But i'm sure it's better than what RM will be saying.

They can't say anything either ground breaking or definitive, as like it or not Ron Martin still holds all the cards.
And remember the Consortium are businessmen not philanthropists, just because they've stated they are long term Blues fans doesn't mean they will throw good money away.

They can't say anything either ground breaking or definitive, as like it or not Ron Martin still holds all the cards.
And remember the Consortium are businessmen not philanthropists, just because they've stated they are long term Blues fans doesn't mean they will throw good money away.

That's the difference between me, and them. As i would. To save this club, do anything.

So the consortium are the same as Ron then businessmen who really wont go the extra yard to save this club,thanks for nothing and goodbye go and invest your money in BP.

So the consortium are the same as Ron then businessmen who really wont go the extra yard to save this club,thanks for nothing and goodbye go and invest your money in BP.

And actually I mean disrespect to these guys but surely they understand that supporting a football club is a really immotive issue more so as we are but a small club in Essex

And actually I mean disrespect to these guys but surely they understand that supporting a football club is a really immotive issue more so as we are but a small club in Essex

Lad, ffs. These are fans of the club, who have done alot of ****ing work recently, putting themselves in the position to be ready.

They'd love nothing more than to be in control of the club but as others have pointed out Ron Martin has made it clear he's not interested in selling to them. Why? They made him a really good offer but what can you do? He's the majority shareholder and can do what he likes. You have to question what Martin's doing especially with everything that's happened to our club over the last few months, but if he refuses to sell there's absolutely nothing that can be done. Except if Sainsbury's (who have been supplying Martin with oxygen) cut off that oxygen. They have not only been bankrolling him but also have a charge over the shares and can force him out and bring about a change of control. No one else can force Martin to sell up if he doesn't want to (for whatever reason). The best thing that can be done is to write to Sainsbury's and get as much publicity as possible (in the right way) to ensure that Sainsbury's want to save the club and get the club out of control from someone who is ruining it.

What the consortium actually said was that if the worst happened and IF the club went into administration they'd be willing to step in.

I personally think that administration would be a great result. I've been saying it for months and certain people have said I'm being over-dramatic, but what I really expect is liquidation - ie no more SUFC. At least with administration, we'd lose 10 points but still have a club.

Getting Sainsbury's to take control and bring in the consortium, or the club going into administration and the administrator selling to the consortium, seem the only two viable possibilities to stop the death of SUFC. Or does anyone have any other bright ideas to get a change of control out of someone not willing to sell up? I mean it - if anyone has any other ideas, please PM me.

By the way, as far as I'm aware, the "statement" from the consortium is actually shorter than that - they've spoken to the Echo and given a quote for tomorrow's paper. They're shocked by what's happened to Tilly and don't think this is in the club's best interests. They've already made their position clear and they want to take over so there's not much more they can say at this stage.

Back