• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

blue79

Banned
Now this thread may be born out of frustration after todays result.

What Concerns me looking back is when Tara Said I quote " The plan was to get this Club promoted and until a few weeks ago I felt we were on target. I'm devastated".

I wonder if this was the second biggest factor he opted to resign.

What do you think he might have meant by this?

December was a wobble.
This I fear is much worse, a true slump if you will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are just having a wobble.

Though I do feel like slitting my wrists today
Its been more than a wobble for some time.We have had some fortunate results,playing against 10 men and really **** sides(Port Vale).There is something missing.We have a good squad but no commanding authority to kill teams off.I fear play off's at best .

Its been more than a wobble for some time.We have had some fortunate results,playing against 10 men and really **** sides(Port Vale).There is something missing.We have a good squad but no commanding authority to kill teams off.I fear play off's at best .

One clean sheet in 9 games, and 11 points from the last 27 is certainly not promotion form. 9 games is more than enough for a 'wobble', if we dont achieve more than 10 points from our next 5 games ( 3 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss) then i'll agree with you.

What Concerns me looking back is when Tara Said I quote " The plan was to get this Club promoted and until a few weeks ago I felt we were on target. I'm devastated".

its a funny old turn of phrase ....... what has gone wrong ? why are we no longer on target ?

regarding the text messages published by RM it seems that RM is trying to prove he is very reasonable -
sort of lets have a chat old boy .....
but why is TB being so friendly and compliant ?

well looking again its RM who mentions lawyers and of course lawyers means no cash back for TB -
lawyers mean no one gets any money for a long time ........

we've been here before .......

You're the one asking the question about conspiracy theories! What do YOU think he might have meant?

Not one to duck questions if asked. Correct South Bank Hank I did ask the question so brilliant analysis on that. Secondly I was after members opinions. However I'll reveal my initial thinking at 5:00pm was that does Ron really want promotion? As has been mentioned on here not so long ago. Now I've had a chance to simmer down after the match my wise answer now is that I'm sure Ron does want promotion.:winking:

In addition as well as Luggy I'm sure Tara would have been a big influence on a couple of our better players staying put beyond January as well as those arriving. With Tara more or less a Director of Football maybe he'll be a miss to the degree that players will be upset with his departure. Luggy now has to carry this mantle on his own, assisted by Graham Coughlan but will the players want to play for Ron?who now looks like being back in charge of the purse strings. I doubt it. Hopefully it won't derail our promotion aspirations.

Not one to duck questions if asked. Correct South Bank Hank I did ask the question so brilliant analysis on that. Secondly I was after members opinions. However I'll reveal my initial thinking at 5:00pm was that does Ron really want promotion? As has been mentioned on here not so long ago. Now I've had a chance to simmer down after the match my wise answer now is that I'm sure Ron does want promotion.:winking:

So we keep Hall, get in Martin, Benyon etc as part of the masterplan not to get promoted?

Exactly the question that concerns me and led to my last post on the TB thread:-

“As already stated, the plan was to get this club two successive promotions and until a couple of weeks ago I felt we were on target."

These words are starting to sound hauntingly prophetic and after 36 pages we don't appear to be much the wiser, as to what has put us off target.

This thread seemed to get bogged down in the financial dealings between TB and RM, perhaps that's where the explanation lies............but I'm not sure. The only thing that does appear clear is that this enigmatic statement didn't elude to our recent huge dip in form because a couple of weeks ago takes us pre-Shrewsbury and we still were well on target at that time. Perhaps another question one should ask is, could there be any correlation between that statement and the recent run of three poor results? Sadly, I don't expect any clearer answers to that question than the first and in truth I doubt whether anyone on here can provide the answer. Only Tara Brady can elucidate the situation and he doesn't seem to be very forthcoming at the moment. I wonder whether he still reads what is written on SZ?
A friend on FB, who does go to matches, told me around Christmas, that we would go on a big slide and finish around twelfth place. I felt like ridiculing him at the time...............now I'm no longer so sure. The thing that really alarms me, is how quickly our position has faltered. Our automatic promotion hopes certainly have not vanished.........but they are slipping away at an incredibly fast rate.

How about the timeline of 2 weeks ago being around the same time as when the manager's new contract details were announced?

Playing devils advocate, but maybe as Sturrock & Brady worked so closely, it was TB's wish to reward PS for hitting the top of the table with a long-term (say 3 or 4 year) contract? RM got wind of this & having been burned with tying Wignall & Tilson into lengthy deals that took litigation to "eventually" settle (plus the longer term uncertainty of the manager's health & well-being with such a timescale) put the brakes on & refused to sign it off.

Cluniemore???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davewebbsbrain precisely. Tara was more instrumental in bringing the players as he headed the negotiation process although Paul obviously targeted those players. An area Tara was most effective as Paul got virtually all the players he wanted and kept the ones he wished to keep. If Ron is back in control of this sise of things I cannot really see too many being persuaded by him to either sign or stay. Lets face it if it were down solely to Ron a couple would have been cashed in. And I repeat Tara's words are a concern. He also had players welfare at heart and Assisted by Luggy in trying to get the best out of Hall and Mohsni on the pitch again something I can't see Ron doing or achieving. So all in all on ythis front He will be a miss and will there now be a touch of demotivation amongst the players when they think possibly along the lines of well Tara sold the Club to me last month but he's suddenly gone. Or those already with us might say He kept us on , now he's dissapeared I cou;d've had out to. Just can't see anyone relating to Ron like they did Tara in this aspect which will put extra uneasy pressure on Paul. Your correct piece of string, Hopefully Cluniemore posts soon to shed a little light. Cricko, Smiffy, Mcnasty what are your thoughts on this?

Didn;t read piece of string;s contractual issue - I maintain theres a little something behind it whereby Paul wanted in the rolling way his contract is at the moment. By not commiting to a long term date he can walk in a short term time frame should he become dissolusioned eventually with Ron#'s antics. Lets face it he stitched up Wignall, Tilson etc.

I do suspect Tara got out when he did if the finances appear bleak publicly. Otherwise I'm sure a certain person would say " it's all his fault". Just like this certain person said " it wasn't me it was main's fault", "it wasn't me it was Wignall's fault", It wasn't me it was Tilson's fault", " it wasn't me it was the taxman's fault" ( funny how Ron paid the full figure in the end when he disputed this), " it wasn't me it was Webb's fault ( you may recall Webb walked last year while assisting Tilson when his payment wasn't met so-to-speak), now there are signs of the same certain person bitching that Tara wasn't always doing what he should have been doing. If this certain person starts pointing the finger at the Manager then our current incumbent in the hot seat will be off like a shot and who would blame him? Not moaning just posting my thoughts in relation to this thread.

blue 79, I felt Tara was very involved with the players and management and was someone who wants to win.

People have criticised him as " as a business-man who should know better than investing in SUFC " which is not the right attitude --- we need lots of investment or we will die. Is that what people want ?

On one hand we have the Chairman, who would make a good politician as he makes statements that don't tell anything like the real picture, stating that he has put in £7 mill in the time Tara put in £150k. I have been led to believe that Tara was responsible for cost-cutting and put in, over time, a lot more than the Chairman says. I keep an open mind as people always tell you what they want you to hear. I prefer hard facts, which with Martin you will never ever get. I will wait for developments such as court appearances for non-payment of tax and new rumours of people not being paid.

My thoughts are that Martin is trying to run a Rolls Royce on Mini money. ( No offence to the Mini owners on the Zone, but you get my drift )

All I am prepared to say is that I was in Southend High Street watching the Royal Anglian Regiment the other year wearing a SUFC scarf and an old boy near me said "You're unlucky --- You've got Martin running things --- I used to do work for him and had to wait ages for payment and he asked me to get a load of blokes to do some work at the ground and I asked 8 people and they all said "No thanks, he doesn't pay up when he should (allegedly)"". Nice reputation to have.

I just sit back and hope we have a football club long-term but with him in charge I seriously doubt it.

Hence why I'm concerned he is no longer around. Could play on p;layers minds if he was a vital spoke/cog of the wheel.

Back