• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

constantine

Tilly said on BBC Essex this moring that Southend don't pay big money for wages and Hull's wage bill this season was £1.8M
wow.gif

If Hull go up and make him an offer, don't forget that David Lee was offered 3 times his Southend salary when he went there, Leon would be mad to stay with us!! However he may not wish to move house!!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ April 30 2004,12:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShrimperJim @ April 30 2004,11:03)]Peter Taylor did say something about Constantine when we played them. Thought then he might be after him.
That for me is the point. None of this is new. Hull (PT in particular) have already stated that they like him, and Oxford is not really a surprise.

For me, Oxford won't get him. I can't see them making the play offs, and even if they do I can't see them getting promoted. I can't see them being that great a draw for Conny.

Hull, however is a different matter. If they go up and they want him they will probably get him. He would be mad to turn them down. I would imagine they can afford to pay him a lot more than we can, he will be playing at a higher level in front of at least double the crowd he does now.

The one saving grace is that he had a bad game against them, and didn't do a huge amount against Yeovil either. Now it doesn't matter, let's hope his form until the end of the season is equally as poor!

I have also been told that RM is prepared to offer good contracts to the players he wants to keep this time around. Basically he is prepared to spend some of the money we made this year in various cup competitions. If that is the case, Conny etc should be offered a reasonable amount. How much, and whether it will be enough to keep him here and see off offers from Hull et al, we will find out in good time....
Maybe Dudders can tell Constance how great it is playing in the Hull reserves! That may help.

I'd have thought David Lee would have been a prime example of why chasing the money isn't always the best option. Has Lee sorted out a club for next season yet?

Back