• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Billy Davies has never lasted very long anywhere and seems to fall out with people a lot. Would rather steer clear of him. Comes across as a typical dour, foul-tempered Jock.

Warburton or Grayson would be my choices if possible. Warburton didn't choose two stable clubs for his last two clubs with Rangers and Forest but he proved he's a good manager at Brentford. Similarly, the Sunderland job is a poisoned chalice at the moment and Grayson's done well everywhere else he's been. Knows the league well.

If PB goes, I agree that Cowley could be a good appointment. He is intelligent and has the organisational skills to get a grip on the situation quickly. I certainly do not believe Cowley would be intimidated by some of the personalities in the camp. He strikes as a very down to earth no-nonsense character who is very clear on what he wants.

If Cowley was not available, Warburton or Grayson would be good but probably expensive options.
it has to be the Crowley brothers. Local lads who know everything about local non league clubs/talent.

it has to be the Crowley brothers. Local lads who know everything about local non league clubs/talent.

aleister-crowley-cover.jpg

Good idea. We can sacrifice a virgin before every home game. That's bound to shoot us to the top of the league.

"Good idea. We can sacrifice a virgin before every home game. That's bound to shoot us to the top of the league."

They tried it at Col :ewe: but couldn't find any!

Out of the managers currently available (I can't see us paying Brown off and paying a club to buy their manager), these would be my top 5 choices...

Billy Davies - Manager with a very good track record and contacts. Hasn't managed for a couple years so may be willing to come in & raise this "sleeping giant"
Brian McDermott - Good Record and if he still has links to Arsenal, we could get decent loanees. Again hasn't managed in a year so could be willing to drop to Lg1.
Simon Grayson - knows this league and Championship well. maybe a bit too high profile now, but didn't have a decent record at Sunderland.
Paul Lambert - has a good record wherever he's been (which unfortunately includes Ewes).
Danny Wilson - Had a good track record till he left Sheffield Utd. May do a job with us.

I'd go for any of those based on your resume'.

Wenger could be out of a job by this evening; could he do a job in League One?

Adam Barrett for me. All the other names are journeyman who don’t have any links to the club. I think it’s time to get someone in that’s got an affinity and understanding of the club, fans and local area. Granted, he has no experience but that’s not everything. All the other names mentioned have been sacked before for under-performing elsewhere

Sorry dont rate any of them managers!! Most of them have failed in there most recent appointments! How about a foreign coach like zola? He hasnt done great at prem or champ level but league 1 might be what hes been waiting for and he will attract players and get the club buzzing! And its another name and we know ron likes a name!!

Sorry dont rate any of them managers!! Most of them have failed in there most recent appointments! How about a foreign coach like zola? He hasnt done great at prem or champ level but league 1 might be what hes been waiting for and he will attract players and get the club buzzing! And its another name and we know ron likes a name!!

Awful manager

He’s having too much fun at Millwall. They are in a different league in more ways than one. He’s not coming

Spoke to a few former blues pros and asked them all who they would like to see managing us and everyone said the same man.....

Adam Barrett

All spoke very highly about his motivation levels, his leadership ability and most of all the major difference he'd bring to us and thats strength conditioning, all said we would become the strongest fittest team in the league.

He's loved by all, has plenty of playing and non playing contacts, is relevant to us and football in general right now.

He'd lift the players and all the fans from day one!
Give Adam a chance, it's better to get someone like that who wants to do something with his future has loyalties to us like no other, is blue through and through, I'm sure that if we don't take him on soon someone else will do.

For me there's only one Adam Barrett

Back