• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Im not sure on barret,hes a blue but hes no steve tilson ! And hes now been at millwall!! He has the wrong kind of blue running through him!! Can we forgive time will tell! But the penalty in the playoffs was quality and definitely our second best centre back after spencer prior

All irrelevant who you put forward as contenders, PB will be here until the seasons end or close too,and if things do turn around he will be here next season,As i believe maybe its time for a change ,i still hope he can turn things about,the one thing i dont want most of all is to see my beloved club back in the basement league,maybe instead of getting on PBs back constantly we can appeal to the players themselves to show some fortitude, get some togetherness and pride in themselves and really go out and show they still have what it takes .regardless of their own personal views on the management, after all a relegation is not going to look good on their CV s either

Peter Reid was spotted in Southend on Saturday. I don't just mean a car with a number plate but Peter Reid himself. He has close ties with Everton so may run he will bring in a couple of the lads that won the U23 premiership last season

When it looked like PB was going to Bolton I heard from an extremely reliable source that RM had sounded out Tilly and Danny Greaves as to whether they would be interested in stepping in if Brown went. So it wouldn't shock me if Tilly was an option Ron was considering

Interesting thread. Lots of names bandied about and already many of them have their supporters and detractors and they haven't even got the job yet. It appears, as yet, no one has really put forward a name that everyone can get behind. Should PB go, no certainty, if the team lose the first couple while the new manager beds in, I suspect the Zone will be as contentious as it is now. RM has one very serious decision to make and I don't envy him at all.

When it looked like PB was going to Bolton I heard from an extremely reliable source that RM had sounded out Tilly and Danny Greaves as to whether they would be interested in stepping in if Brown went. So it wouldn't shock me if Tilly was an option Ron was considering

We'd been told something similar, although Greaves was not mentioned.

I'd love "Tilly" to come back. Don't think it will happen, too much of a risk. However, whether PB stays or we bring someone else in, it will still be as big of a risk until the end of the season. I'd like "Tilly" to get it purely on the basis that we played our best football when he was manager and because of the poor way he was treated at the end. "Tilly & Brush" back would certainly give the club some excitement back.

Back