• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Contract rumours!!

simac17

Heard today that Flahavan will not be getting a contract at the end of season. My guess is Brush wants Harrison from Orient!

who told you that? I aint really that supprised though, I do like Flahavan dont get me wrong but I do think we could find a better goalie.

The reason's Flahavan left this club last season was off the field issues and also due to a clash with Robson.

I would be very surprised if Tilly released him this time, however not so surprised if we were pipped to his signature on the money front.

Harrison? Only as an understudy.

Einstein

It has to be said daryll is one of the best keepers in this league. And i personally would see his departure as a big loss. Yeah he does look dodgy at times but who doesnt!!. He has kept us in a lot of games this season, and i think if he stays with us next season he will get better and be nigh on unbeatable between the sticks!!. But thats my opinion.
smile.gif
tounge.gif

Well, there was a triallist 'keeper from Arsenal playing in the 0-3 reserves defeat to Gillingham.....read into THAT what you will.

Having just watched some of the goals from Division 3 on Soccer AM, I saw a number of keepers who let a cross get to the back of the 6yard box, and they were quite tall. Of course Darryl isn't totally amazing, and every player has their faults. This is Division 3 that we're in not the Premiership so we must expect every player to have a fault.

I say give Darryl another contract and Tilly and Brush can help him improvve over the summer. The worse case scenario with giving him another contract, is that we end up with a bloody good backup.

He won't release Daryl. He hasn't dropped him once since Tilly took charge and he's an excellent keeper, I certainly hope we don't release Flavs for some Orient reject.

Judging by what I've seen overall this season there are certainlty beter keepers around than Flahavan. Bristol Rovers ad Hull's keeper spring immediately to mind. If there was an opportunity to recruit a better keeper I'd be happy wth that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scrounger700 @ April 24 2004,19:28)]What Arsenal keeper was on trial then?
Craig Holloway i think, he played in the Reserves on wednesday

Craig Holloway i think, he played in the Reserves on wednesday .
His kicking was awful , i lost count of the amount of times that he kicked the ball directly out at the half way line direct from goal kicks , he looked a little uncertain at times and if he were to be given another chance then he would have to do a hell of a lot better than he did on wednesday.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tannisworld @ April 25 2004,00:38)]
Craig Holloway i think, he played in the Reserves on wednesday .
His kicking was awful , i lost count of the amount of times that he kicked the ball directly out at the half way line direct from goal kicks , he looked a little uncertain at times and if he were to be given another chance then he would have to do a hell of a lot better than he did on wednesday.
Well I remember a certain Mr Royce being just a poor with his kicking for us in Div 1 for his first few seasons.

Back